Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting STMS import functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need your help.

I need to resist access to import CTS to only Quality box and restrict import access to Production box.

Means user have access to STMS, however they can import only to quality box.

Is it possible?

Regards,

Surpreet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet,

Yes. The solution is simple. Remove IMPA and IMPT under S_CTS_ADMI from the role that you assign and also Import activity from S_TRANSPRT.

This will remove the option to import transport requests in the production box.

However, you will have to assign a role with these authorizations in Quality box.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards,

Raghu

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet,

Yes. The solution is simple. Remove IMPA and IMPT under S_CTS_ADMI from the role that you assign and also Import activity from S_TRANSPRT.

This will remove the option to import transport requests in the production box.

However, you will have to assign a role with these authorizations in Quality box.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just restrict the permissions on your production system..

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I think, i didn't explained it well.

Dev box is my domain box and from Dev box CTS are imported to Quality and production.

now in dev box i want to restrict user access to import CTS only to Quality box.

regards,

Surpreet

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wish to restrict in production, you can change the setting in SCC4 for that client. Use No transport allowed option.

However, let us know the process that you are following? Are you transporting using a script or at the OS level? If yes, it is not possible to restrict at the authorization level.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

After releasing CTS in DEV box, I open STMS in DEV, then click on the QAS box and select the CTS which needs to be imported into QAS.

And similarly later do this for PRD.

Now i want to restrict second part i.e. import to PRD.

Please advice.

Regards,

Surpreet

0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet,

There is no other option except restricting at the client properties as per my knowledge.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Lets take a closer look... as you seem to be describing a missing feature or check (initially I thought you where asking a "how to" question without having read the documentation on the STMS).

If you do read the documentation then it will mention that critical tasks performed should not be within the (standard and restricted) authorizations of the TMSADM user in client 000, which will then call destination TMSSUP@domain and will prompt you for a user ID and PWD in the target system (DEV and PROD).

Check your config and authorizations of the TMSADM user - this is most likely the cause. You should also consider moving the domain controller to PROD...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

HI Surpreet,

Even if you use dev as the domain controller, I believe you would still need to authenticate with a production user-id with enough authorizations to import the request. So restricting access for the user id in production should solve the problem.

I would think as long as u restrict S_TRANSPRT activitues 43 and 60, it should do the job for you.

Regards,

Chinmaya

0 Kudos

Hi Supreet,

After releasing CTS in DEV box, I open STMS in DEV, then click on the QAS box and select the CTS which needs to be imported into QAS.

And similarly later do this for PRD.

Now i want to restrict second part i.e. import to PRD.

I found many people give you correct direction i.e. restrict user in production system. In production system user should not have authorization to import via object S_CTS_ADMI. Restricting only this object will serve the purpose.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regardless of your domain controller (where it sits), you should check your TMSADM user configuration. Explore RFC configuration options.

Once you set the configuration correctly forcing user to use there user id and password while going in to production via DEV domain controller, you can than utilize authorization to user id to restrict user to import in to Prod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surpreet,

When a user is logged in to the domain controller and attempting to transport to another system a logon to the target system is required. The account in the target system is checked for authorization. If proper authorization is not present in the target system the transport cannot be completed. You can limit the access in the target system as described in posts above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all.

Didn't got time to check this functionality.

Sorry....... for late reply. Will get back after testing.

Regards,

Surpreet