cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stms configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

transport system is now configured dev-test . when we want to import in prd , from test i do forward for request from tes to prd system. How to make not to allow this (or ideal would be to allow only certain users).

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can control this using authorizations (pfcg) roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I understand the law permits is S_CTS_ADMI/TADD. I did a test in sap-tes (where i make forward from tes to prd) .

I spent to a user just a role with S_TCODE/su53, stms; S_CTS_ADMI/CTS_ADMFCT; S_TRANSPRT/activity 03 and request Type tran. But left me to do forward whith no problem after i connect in target system.

what is wrong?

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a transport route for your systems, create a 'delivery' link between your Test & Prd and make use of the approval steps in your Test (QA) system in combination with users' roles.

Have a look at this thread for some related info

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Logon to domain controller (in general development system is always domain controller)

2.Logon to client 000 with DDIC passowrd

3.Execute T-code (se06) in the command field.

4. Click standard installation and click post installation (yes)

5. Put a T-code (STMS) in the command field and give a description then save it.

6. Click System overview push botten, click extras option from the menu and click Distribute and activate configuration. (Yes)

7. Back to the stms main screen and click Transport routes from the push botton.

8.Click Configuration button from the Menu and click on Distribute and activate.

9.Now DEV system is active domain controller

-

10>Logon to QAS 000 client with user DDIC/password

11.Execute T-code (se06). In the command field.

12.Click standard installation and click post installation (yes) and execute STMS.

13.Click on Configuration push butten in the bottom and give details of development system example: DEV,000 and save it.

14.Now QAS will wait for include domain controller...

15.Logon to development system >click on system overview push button> click on sap system from menu->select QAS system.

16.Now QAS is added as member of domain controller. ex:domain_dev

17.The same procedure to be followed for production as well.

Best Regards

Chandra

Edited by: Chandrasekhar Kanchi on Dec 2, 2010 10:57 PM