cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the use of Integration Scenario design, inserting Application Component and Actions..

Why these extra steps needed? where as in a simple scenario once we are done with Interface mapping and Comm channels, we go directly to I.D..

i was going thru this link and got this doubt..

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2006/02/17/companion-guide-to-integration-scenario

Thanks

Seshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

The blog's author is Venkat Donela. Please feel free to mail him at venkat.donela@wipro.com

I am sure he can help you out!

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S : Please mark all helpful answers

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I tried this blog..

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2006/02/17/companion-guide-to-integration-scenario

its giving some error like this..

Activation of the change list canceled Check result for Communication Channel | SUN_BUSS_SYS1 | CCT_FileIn:

Required field Additional File(s) missing Check result for Sender Agreement | SUN_BUSS_SYS1 | MI_Out | * | : Communication channel of sender " | SUN_BUSS_SYS1 | CCT_FileIn " is of SAP adapter type "File". In this case, the receiver party must not be "" Communication channel of sender " | SUN_BUSS_SYS1 | CCT_FileIn " is of SAP adapter type "File". In this case, the receiver service must not be "*"

and later i created another 'Sender Agreement' and deleted previous one.. now i can see lot of messages waiting in RWB, message monitoring.. in state 'Waiting'..

any help.

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

The answer to this question has infact been well-explained in the blog itself!:)

Well, in simple terms, an integration process is defined in order to get a broader view of the entire process that might happen in the interface....irrespective of the creation of the IP, mapping etc.

Go through the following documentation available in help for formal explanation of the integration process and its use:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/61/fec608bc27654daadb20c1e6da7dd1/frameset.htm (point 2 under "process flow")

Regards,

Sushumna

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

buildung of an integration scenario is not required. It can give you a better overview to the message flow (looking like a sequence diagram of UML) and you can import it to IB Directory to setup your configuration objects automaticly. This "advantage" should spare some time. In my opinion you need more time for building the actions and the scenario and the import than for creating configuration objects.

Regards,

Udo

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In simpler terms, it will act as model for your entire Integrations scenario. Also it acts as a higherlevel design/flow diagram. Something like pictorial /swimlane represenation of the Integrations scenario

Have a look into this SAP help-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ec/21ee117a909f44a8b69794b9ed6221/content.htm

Regards,

moorthy