cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate system tables from flat & other tables on MDM Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have SAP MDM 5.5 and differents MDM Repositories. We need to separate access inside each MDM Repository in order to assign different credentials to Application Team and ICT Team.

-Application Team must access to all MDM Repository tables except the Admin node

-ICT Team must access to only Admin node (to manage Roses, Users and so on...)

How do we fullfil this requirement?

Thanks in advance,

GB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By creating different roles along with setting functions you can control the access of the tables and fields but not the VISIBILITY. Though all the users who have access of MDM repository would able to see the entire repository structure but with access permissions they cannot modify/delete the restricted tables and fields.

Regards,

Jitesh

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GB.

You can achieve this by creating roles for the ICT Team and Application Team.

Login to MDM Console-> Naviage to the Repository->Admin->Roles.

Create a role-1(ICT Team)

Navigate to the tab Functions and select the appropriate function which you want to achieve by this team members(like adding records, deletion records etc)

Navigate to the tab Tables and Fields and choose the access as Read/Write for the tables such as Users, Admin, Remote Systems etc

Save the role

Now you can assign this role to the users whome you want to give the ICT Team permissions

Similarly create another role andin the tables and fields tab give access to the tables apart from the system tables.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandar,

I create 2 roles:Apps and ICT and I bind them to 2 users:app_user and ict_user.

I applied different Function/Tables permissions but each user see all the MDM Repository data (tables + Admin node).

Any clues?

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi GB,

Just to confirm, are you interested in restricting MDM Console access for different teams?

Regards,

Mausam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I need to restrict MDM Console access for different teams at MDM Repository level.

Restricting the MDM Console at MDM Server level is not my goal.

So if you have other tricks please tell me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GB,

As far as I know, you can not restrict access at that level. Either users can connect to the MDM repository or they can't. You can't separate access to Repository Admin tasks and Repository Tables in MDM Console.

Regards,

Mausam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For restricting access to MDM console we have no standard way. Any user having MDM access is for all the componenets.

You may try this- The users who should not have view access to console, they should not have MDM console component itself installed on their remachines itself.

If users are accessing via citrix you can create 1 different view for these users which doesnt show MDM console.

Hope this helps-Ravi