cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM file not removed from Exception folder after re-import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 and are setting up Auto Import of supplier product files via MDIS. The upload via the Ready folder works just fine and any exceptions caught during import are placed in the Exception folder.

Now, in order to rectify the exceptions we log on to Import Manager and select Type 'Port' and the Port used for Auto Import. This is now available with the exception file automatically loaded. This opens up the entire supplier file and by going to the tab 'Import Status' we get information regarding what is faulty. By correcting this we are then able to manually import the faulty items.

Now, if I once again open up the Import Manager and select Type'Port' and the port used for Auto Import I can see that the Port is still available with the same file that was just corrected and imported. I once again open up the same file even though this time in Import Status tab everything is ok.

Shouln't the file be automatically removed from the Exception folder once I rectify teh problem via Import Manager the first time? If not it looks like I have tasks to do as ancatalog administrator even though I have already done the job for the file in question.

Best Regards

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Poster,

As no response has been provided to the thread in some time I must assume the issue is resolved, if the question is still valid please create a new thread rephrasing the query and providing as much data as possible to promote response from the community.

Best Regards,

SDN SRM Moderation Team