cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping costs - Transportation invoice - Consignment note. Difficult!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I want to create the following in SD:

A- Documents:

1- Create the shipping costs

2- Create a shipping invoice that will be different from the normal selling invoice of the goods (We want to set a collective billing once a month)

3- Create a consignment note (This one follows the goods in transit)

B- Pricing Procedure:

1- On one hand I want to create Delivered Duty Paid rates u2013 Destination: Paris

2- On the other hand I want to create EXW (All charges forwards) rate.

Break down of the costs as follow:

a- Collection from customer to main hub (This will vary depending on collection ZONE + volumetric taxable weight)

b- Handling fee (This will vary depending result found in u201Cau201D to which we shall apply 0.50 euro per kilo)

c- International freight ( To calculate this rate, we need to apply the following rule: (Cost of the trailer say 2000 Euros for a full one at 23 Tons between say Paris and London and split this weight per weight of the shipment)

d- Export Customs (Fixed admin fee)

e- Import Customs (Fixed admin fee)

f- Delivery (This will vary depending on collection ZONE + volumetric taxable weight)

Note: Volumetric taxable weight in transport

In Road Transport we apply the following weight to volume rule 1 m3 = 167 kilos. This means that depending the transport company is going to charge you depending on either one or the other whichever is most interesting for them.

For example: If you have a carton weighting 5 kilos with the following dimensions: 0.4 x 0.50 x 0.30 m

We apply the following rule: 0.4 x 0.5 x 0.3 = 0,06 m we then multiply: 0,06 x 167 kilos = 10,02 kilos

In that case because the taxable volumetric weight is brought to 10,02 kilos instead of the 5 actual ones, the transport company will charge you on 10,02 kilos.

C- Products sold: Cutting and welding consumables

All materials sold are finished products

Your help or hints are highly valuable!!

Kind regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
we apply the following weight to volume rule 1 m3 = 167 kilos

Sorry I am not sure what exactly your requirement is.

Is it that you want to achieve some contract rate in your transportation and liability creation on transport vendor based on weight ??

If so, try with the following:-

In TK11, for your shipment cost condition type, you would have already maintained some rate there. You also maintain the required scales / rates based on kilos. But I dont think, system will consider the dimension for fetching the transportation cost.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)