Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shelf life

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have a issue with shelf life.

We are using SCM 7.0. In R/3 we have maintained shelf life fields as below and the same is mapped in APO as below mentioned fields.

R/3 - Min. Rem. Shelf Life & Total shelf life

APO - Shelf Life & Req.Min.Sh.Life

Now the issue is "Plng with Shelf life" check box is not checked. As per my understanding in SCM 7.0 " If in the R/3 System a total shelf life is maintained, the system automatically sets indicator 'Planning with shelf life' in the product master during the transfer of the material master into the APO System"

Can anyone help me to understand why "Plng with Shelf life" is not automatically checked and also let me the procedure to get auto check the "Plng with Shelf life".

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajkumar Thanarajan

Edited by: RajkumarAPO on Dec 2, 2010 8:59 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check whether Period indicator for shelf life is mainatained.If not maintain it as D and try Ciffing the material.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

Thanks for your response.

Period Indicator is maintained as "M". Please advice if you have alternative solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajkumar Thanarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see the below link, it says that total shelf life should be mentioned in R3 material master.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/d0/d7883c18be411ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I agree with you....But Total Shelf life is already maintained in R/3.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajkumar Thanarajan