cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

information on "helper dll's" contained in ACF.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

WE are working with WAS 6.40 and the web dynpro/adobe forms. In order to run the above environment/ application, you are required to install several dll's on the client machine. Where can I find addiitonal information, such as recommended installation procedures, what these actually are responsible for, etc.? Also, where can I find information on what has been tested with these as far as XP SP2?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The developers machine would need the following

Installation of ACF

Installation of Adobe Reader

Update of the Adobe Acrobat API

Former Member
0 Kudos

but what about the client machines? At runtime, I have been informed that the client machines also need these dll's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, they are but if you have an appropriate security settings the would be downloaded automatically when you access you page with Adobe\office component for the first time.

AFAIK Those are Active X components so if you enable them for IE they would be downloaded and then executed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find more specific information? I was under the impression that the active x controls required are separate from the "helper" dll's. (by checking their names, they appear to be different as well, but I could very well be mistaken.)

Do you have the specific browser settings to try this with?

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops, bag my pardon. I checked and saw that I was wrong.

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone else have information about this topic?

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brenda,

the client needs certain files to be able to display and edit a PDF form, which is part of a Web Dynpro application, correctly.

As Abdul correctly points out, you need Adobe Reader 6.0.2 for displaying and editing the PDF itself (get it from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).

The ACF installation is at this point required to be able to display and edit the PDF form as part of a Web Dynpro application. In the future, this installation will be eliminated.

The necessary information is contained in the Configuration Guide for Adobe document services (available on the SAP Service Marketplace, at quick link /nw04installation -> DevEnv) and SAP Notes 766191 and 738891.

Best Regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, but can you be more specific as to where this information is located. I have found the link

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~SAPIDP/002006825000000234912001E

where it lists quick links, but cannot find the specific link that you mentioned.

thank you!

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the Config Guide, follow the link http://service.sap.com/nw04installation and then click on the triangle beside Dev Env.

To search for SAP Notes, go to http://service.sap.com/notes and use the search dialogue.

On the Service Marketplace entry page (your link), you would find the Notes page in the top left section 'SAP Support Portal' behind the link 'SAP Notes Search'.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I found the link, but it is very generic and the notes have a message at the top stating that the EN version is not current. (I have installed these correctly and they are running on XP SP1 and win2k with both IE 6.0 and 5.5). However, they are NOT running at all on XP SP2 "out of the box" with default settings, or even with the ability to run unsigned active x controls enabled. Because the version I have includes unsigned activex controls, of course I expect issues, but am wanting information on what will be released with the later service pack and what restrictions I need to inform my customers about.

Is it possible to get further information, specifically about what SAP has tested and found with XP SP2 and permissions/browser and OS security issues?

We are wishing to deploy this webdynpro application to our external business partners, whom we do not have control over their PC environments. Any assistance in this area will be most appreciated.

thank you.

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brenda,

I think this is the time to create a formal customer message in the Service Marketplace under component BC-SRV-FP, from where it will be dispatched accordingly.

I am not sure that the information you are asking for is available and/or ready for publication. Therefore, you'll need to go the formal way to - hopefully - get further assistance.

Please use the detailed information from this thread when describing your issue in the message.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you. I greatly appreciate your attention to this. I will clear it here before posting the formal message. thank you!