cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call webdynpro application of another system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have requirement wherein we have built a webdynpro component in the current system with some views.

In one of the views on clickiing of a button we need to call another webdynpro application which is in another system.

Can we call the WD application of another system ?

Could you pl let me know the procedure for the same ?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

According to me, if you want to use one component in another, both of them should be on the same server. (Experts: Please correct me if I am wrong.)

An alternative is to use saplink.org. Through this you can download a component from one server and upload it on another. Then you can use that for component usage.

Regards,

Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saket

Thank You.

But I have to call the webdynpro component which is in another system otherwise I have to build the same application again

in the current system which is a tedious task.

As you said even if i download and Upload the application, i"ll have the below problem.

The application which i want to call was built based on HR data but the current system doesn't have the HR data.

So what we are planning is to send 'PERNR' from current system to the target system as a parameter and run that application and bring that output screen to the current system.( we will need this just to show it, nothing will be done in this screen.)

At present, I'm thinking of calling the URL of the WD application of the target system. Will it possible ?

Could you pl. guide me on this.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ANILKUMAR,

I think this is possible. You can see the URL of the HR web dynpro in its application. You can define parameter PERNR and use it to fetch the needed HR-information with it. In your calling component you can build the URL and add the parameter to it. Something like: http://system.mycompony.local:8002/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/z_hr_appl?pernr=1234 (z_hr_appl is your HR web dynpro application). You can choose to display it in a popup or use an iFrame (depends on what NetWeaver release you are, it's not available in all releases).

Hope this helps you!

Cheers, Roel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you not having portal ?

if you have portal then you can use 2 iviews integrating with portal event.

Other option is to to use iframe inside your view.

However iframe is deprecated in 7.0 and 7.01 and 7.02 it is not deprecated anymore.

Answers (0)