cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Importing an Enterprise Service Definition into PI via ESR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I 've just created a service definition for BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL2 and imported it into ESR and PI (steps below)

1) ERP - Created a Service Definition for BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL2 called ZSD_ACCOUNT_GET_DETAIL

2) Configured the EndPoint in SOAMANAGER (tested the service works fine)

3) Published the Service in ESR (cut and paste the WSDL URL into the Publish Wizard in ESR)

--- Question1 - is there a way to publish from ERP directly

- (something simiar to how in PI Integration Builder you can publish a Sender Agreement

by opening the Sender Agreement and selecting Sender Agreement -> Publish in SR)

4) Created External Definition for the Message Definitions in PI

- I did this by downloading the WSDL from the ZSD_ACCOUNT_GET_DETAIL in ERP

- manually editing the WSDL to remove the policy defintions

- Imported the external definition into PI

--- Question 2 - Is there an easier way to get the WSDL or XSD in ERP (e.g. from the BAPI without the policy statements)?

--- Question 3 - Is there a way for PI Enterpise Service builder to import the definition straight from ESR (a menu option)?

--- Question 4 - Is there a way to export the WSDL from ESR to a file.

As I said I have it working but it definitely appeared to be a "clunky" process.

Any answers or tips in streamlining this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John

I'm not sure if you are aware of this. You can import the BAPI directly into the ESR, from the ERP system. Check the link [Importing IDocs and RFCs|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/2b/a48f3c685bc358e10000000a11405a/content.htm]

Regards

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for another very helpful answer, the information I was familiar with, but the links are of great help.

What I'm trying to do is something a little different.

Here's what I'm doing today to get a service availabe from a 3rd party system

a) go to the third party sytems WSDL url

b) Download the WSDL to a file on my PC

c) Go to the Service Registry and Publish a service using the URL for the third Party system

d) Go to Enterprise Service Builder and import an external definition from the WSDL file on my PC

As I said it seems a little clunky.

I was thinking for step D it would be nice to have an option to import the external definition from the service registry rather than the flat file.

Looking over the links provided and all the research I've done this far, I can't find a way to do this.

If you know of one, please let me know.

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,

John

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John

You can export the wsdl/xsd to file in the ESR. Go to the wsdl/xsd and you will see an "Export to file" icon. Also if you right click on the objects in the ESR and ES Builder you will see a list of menu options. Some more infos in the links below.

[Exporting Schemas from the Enterprise Services Repository|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/48/46df2de8de4bd081a311bbb25a09dd/content.htm]

[Exporting XSD and WSDL Documents|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/a6/0e623c4f69b712e10000000a114084/content.htm]

[Publishing Sender Agreements in the Services Registry|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/46/7f0cdeab6f275ae10000000a11466f/content.htm]

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. I was aware of the functionality and I appreciate the link.

In hindsight I could have used this to import the data structures into the Enterprise Service Builder, which answers Questions 1 and 2.

For Questions 3 and 4, I guess I'm still looking for a better understanding of how the service registry and the Enterprise Service Builder interact.

Right now I'm publishing the service in the service registry and importing external defintions in the Enterprise Service builder.

I think this is cumbersome and ideally would think that the Enterprise Service Builder could "pull" external definitions from the service registry.

Thanks again for clarifying questions 1 and 2. The updated question list is below.

Regards,

John

Question1 - is there a way to publish from ERP directly

- no, instead use the import rfc and idoc functionality built into the Enterprise Service Builder

Question 2 - Is there an easier way to get the WSDL or XSD in ERP (e.g. from the BAPI without the policy statements)?

- Rather than use the WSDL use theimport rfc and idoc functionality built into the Enterprise Service Builder

Question 3 - Is there a way for PI Enterpise Service builder to import the definition straight from ESR (a menu option)?

Question 4 - Is there a way to export the WSDL from ESR to a file.