cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid Invitation not automatically sending change notification email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the folowing issue with the email output bid invitations in SRM 5.

In Define actions for document output I set BBP_PD_BID to Processing when saving document. This work fine for new Bid Invitations, but when I make a changes after publishing no new output is generated for change notifications.

When I manually select 'Inform bidders and send out bids', the origional email is re-output and not the change version of the smartfotm text ('We would like to draw your attention to the'..... and not "The following bid invitation has been changed")

Is the auto output of change notifications for bid invitation standard? I though it was as I saw it set up in a different system.

Thanks in Advance,

Kyle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I manually select 'Inform bidders and send out bids', the origional email is re-output and not the change version of the smartfotm text ('We would like to draw your attention to the'..... and not "The following bid invitation has been changed")

The email format/content bidder receives depends on the smartform you use. By default, the email smartform is BBP_OUTPUT_COVER. (You might have customized it to a Z form.) In the form, you could conditionally put different content in the email depending on whether the RFx is published for the first time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I am aware of the custom smartform functionality.

It looks like the auto output is not standard as per this sap help page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/a7/81b463611c124d8c9d2c5bd8d17b34/content.htm

When I saw auto output of changes before before it must have been an enhancement.

Regards,

Kyle

Answers (0)