cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I find partner determination the most complex to configure.

As per my understanding a partner determination is created and lets say it is ZZ and then partner functions SP, BP, SH are assigned to partner det proced ZZ and then ZZ is assigned to account groups let's say 0001(sold to party ) and ZZ procedure is also assigned to 0002(ship to party ).

when I create sold to party master record, SP,BP and SH are determined in customer master of sold to party with SP=BP=SH=1000 (as an example)

Similarly i created a ship to party, master record and SP,P and SH are determined in customer master of ship to party with SP=SH=BP=2000.

My questions are as follows :

a) when partner functions are assigned to Part proced ZZ and ZZ is assinged to account groups 0001 and 0002(that means partner functions are available for account groups ). I need to know why in a separate config task we need to assign account groups to partner functios. I have read some post on this but never really understood ??

b) when configuring partner determination for sales order, we also define partner detemination procedure ZC and assign partner functions SP,SH,BP and CZ to it and then assign ZC det proced to sales doc type OR. my questions are

i) When we create sales order of type OR, the part proced ZC is detemined and all partner functions SP,SH,BP and CZ is determined in sales order. My question is how is the partner number for SP,SH.P and CZ is copied to sales order ?

II) In the configuration task of assigning partner functions to partner procedure ZC for sales documet partner determination, there is a field called "source field ", If for CZ partner function i define source as SH. it means the value of CZ is copied from ship to party master record. My question is how will the sales fetch the ship to party master record to determine the value for CZ partner function ?

regds

Pamela

Edited by: Pamela79 on Dec 1, 2010 9:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pamela

Good questions, let me try and answer them to the best of my ability.

!0 Why in a separate config task we need to assign account groups to partner functions: You are doing this to day what partner roles do customers belonging to this account group can possibly play. Now if you are wondering I am doing the same by assigning the Partner Det Procedure to the Account Group, you should understand that

a) Not all the possible functions that are assigned to an Account Group, necessarily figure in the procedure.

b) Also the procedure specifies additional info like what functions are mandatory and what can be changed etc.

c) If you don't do the config task of assigning account groups to partner functions but just assigned a procedure to the group, your partner tab will have missing data, check it out.

Sales order procedure questions:

i) How is the partner number for SP,SH.BP and CZ is copied to sales order ?

You enter the SP or SH partner, so one of them is given. The rest will be derived from the partners tab of that customer master data.

ii) How will the sales fetch the ship to party master record to determine the value for CZ partner function.

As you rightly put it, If one of them, say Forwarder ( Function CR) has SH as the source, then for that the number is picked from the SH master data. But you are questioning how is the source SH determined, answer is given in i). It comes from the master data of SP partner you entered directly in the sales order.

Hope this helps, let me know.