cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translating Dates defined as Key Figures in an OLAP Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's something I have not seen yet. We want to build a BO Universe on top of a BEx Query. The BEx Querie includes Key Figures which display as Time stamp (probably date formated) values. For example, when BEx query runs, it displays a Key Figure called "Cut Off Time" as 15:40:31 indicating it's 3pm 40 min and 31 seconds. The Universe Designer (BOXI 3.1 SP3 Designer 12.3.0.601) translates it as a date, however, it displays the message "#DATATYPE" when running a querie against it. I've tried changing it to a number, a character, a date and setting the format as hh:mm:ss etc. but nothing corrects the issue. If I define it as a Dimension Object the query will not run at all. Any suggestions on how to properly set this up so BO Designer can translate it is appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting document, unfortunately I gather that key figures of type TIM are not supported but those of type DAT are mapped as date and supported (last page of the document).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I found [this document|https://forums.sme.sap.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/308-1562851-8553211-1364/OLAP%20universes%20on%20SAP%20Netweaver%20BW%20-%20metadata%20and%20data%20types.pdf].

I intepret that to say that you should leave the type as CHAR in the universe but format using "=ToDate([Object;u201DHHMMSSu201D])" in your WEBi report.