cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Alert notification for specific aborted jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are considering to set up an approach for automatic alert notification in case of specific aborted jobs.

We have SAP Solution Manager that is configured for CCMS.

Our question

What is the simpliest and best approach for the automatic alert notification?

1) Creation of specific job entry within table ALBTCMON in the satellite system, assigning a local autoreaction method in the satellite system

2) Creation of specific job entry within table ALBTCMON in the satellite system, assigning a central

autoreaction method from CEN/SOLMAN system

3) other approaches, e.g. Business Process Monitoring

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

The local auto reaction and central auto reactions provide only the difference of handling the alerts centrally, which is better.

From BPM, you can have other status and green alerts also, delays in start and end times, which are additional.

Regards,

KK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Many thanks for your reply.

My problem is when I log in into satellite system I can see there allways the current data under:

Background Processing --> System Wide --> Background --> Background Job Monitoring --> Z_Myjob

When I try to monitor this data from SAP Solution Manager under the following MTE:

<SID of satellite system>\Background\...\Z_Myjob

I get from time to time the following error:

No data could be determined for <sid of satellite system>\Background\Background Job Monitoring\Z_Myjob.

Nevertheless I could assign to this MTE class from SAP Solution Manager a central auto recation method from tcode RZ20

The appropriate MTE class for this job is Job_Monitoring_Status.

Unfortunately when I try to test this central auto recation method I get the following error:

No method assigned

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you!