cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS and Resource planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

this is my first thread, so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong...

I'm working in a company which is going to implement SAP in the next two years, and so I'm going to interest me in SAP, especially the modul PS. My first question concerning this modul is: How to use the resource planning. My department has to manage about 50 assembler (internal and external) which are going onsite to help the assemling works. So there has to be a very flexible tool. But how to do that with the PS module? Workcenters? Planning board...

Somebody is able to give me some advice?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

thanks for your reply

that's right, but I attended to various courses and we will get a test system in a few days. I'm part of the team which is going to implement the system. So I have to understand the system before we implement it. If we have to plan the resources with Project Server (of course interfaced with SAP) or if SAP fits to our needs without any additional tool. So every information I can get is helping me a lot.

Where can I find the Help-Portal?

Best

Edited by: Jimsonweet on Dec 2, 2010 8:42 AM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which PS courses have you attended?

Please check out SAP help or search this forum for your answers first

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've attended the PLM200 and PLM220 course...

I tried to look at the topics in SAP Help Portal but I didn't find any answers...

best

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PLM200 clearly demonstrates how workforce planning can be used in PS - suggest you read your notes again

If you need more details there is a very short course PLM281 which you can check with your local SAP education office

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know how workforce planning can be used. But I try to get more feeling for the system and whether the system fullfill our needs or not. Thus, somebody could help me to find the right articels, threads, blogs etc.?

Best regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whether the system fullfill our needs or not

Your PS conultant will answer this question. He is the person who is going to study your business process and map in SAP System, wait till the project starts.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, You say that your company is going to implement SAP, so i believe you would not have seen the SAP screens & transactions. If we give some reply then you will not be able to understand. I would suggest you to wait till the projects start and understand how things work in SAP. then please come back and post your questions.

Also, we have SAP Help portal. you can find lot of information. please go through the documents available in SAP help portal.