Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Config for RoadMap Tab Description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following requirement -

The description on the "NEXT" button in one of the step in a roadmap should be customized. This could be achieved in two ways. One is to change the OTR text for the corresponding alias. But this way the description will also change in another step/page where it is not required to. One more way of doing it is to enhance the method (creating a post exit for the method MODIFY_BUTTONS in the view). But the post exit for this method does seem to work. I believe this is related to Note 1244440.

I was wondering if there is any other way of doing this. I mean using Personalization or Comp Config. Not sure to what extent such a requirement could be achieved using config, because the description should only change for a particular step in the roadmap (which is known only dynamically).

Any suggestions around this would be great. Appreciate your time.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bing the 'text' property of the 'Next' button to a context attribute type string and then maipulate this text based on the selected step in the roadmap.

Regards,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks George.

But the "manipulation of text" should be handled in an enhancement (post exit) which does not seem to work.

Is there some place else where I can do this coding? Would it be possible to do anything via comp config?

Any other suggestions??

Thanks