cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM UI 2.1 Email Option of attached PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All ,

I would like to check if someone has the same issue as I am experiencing in SPM UI 2.1. While sending Email of an report/dashboard there is a last option "Attach this report as PDF" does not work.

When I click send button it does not send mail with attachment and that Email window remains option. Beside this option I am able to send report link and can CC to myself.

I am just wondering If I need to maintain some setting or pre configure somthing.

It would be appriciated if someone can share the experience on it.

Thank and best regards.

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas -

this issue was addressed in a recent service pack - can you please make sure that you are running SPM 2.1 SP5 or later?

Best Regards,

Ulf Liljensten

SPM UI Development Architect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Yes we are on SPM UI ver 2.1 . Can you please share that service pack or OSS no which is covering this ?

Thanks,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

We are on the Analytics is at SP04 and on the ABAP side and the latest Patch Level is SP05.

Do we need to maintain SP05 at ABAP side as well or you meant Patch level which We are on already on SP05 ?

Does SP05 solve issue of Emailing Alerts , Scheduling Alerts and scheduling areports as well ?

Regards,

Vikas

Edited by: Vikas Sharma on Dec 6, 2010 7:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

We are not aware of any issues with email alerts scheduling alerts and reports.

Maybe something is missing in the configuration (install guide chapter 5.4.1.3)??

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas

After you have applied SP05, if you believe your configuration is correct and you are still facing this issue, then feel free to open a OSS message.

Pls attach relevant screen shots (visual admin config) along with appropriate system accesses.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for hint. I will check with Admin on that.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas

Here is a screenshot for additional help with the config verification.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh,

I am unable to see this image though i tried to open via different applications. Are you able to see this at your end ?

Thanks,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it works for me. Its a jpg image.

Maybe the server is still refreshing?

Try after some time.

regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Now It is configured as per installation guide chapter as you had mentioned. After Enable "scheduling option" and set to "Daily" but I do not see any schdule item or report. Is something else needs to be done for that ?

Thanks,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas

The documentation for alerts is at this location (SPM version 2.1):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_spm21/helpdata/en/47/9d0f2290e64d3393498c31310d37c9/frameset.htm

Have you been able to go thru it, it will show you how to do the config of alerts in the UI (under the chapter managing alerts).

Also make sure that you have executed the step 6 of the procedure in the installation guide chapter 5.4.1.3

"6. After the Service User is set up, launch the Scheduler in a Web browser using a hyperlink as in the following example:http://<host>:<port>/aui_olap/scheduler"

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there an OSS note or some work around solution beside this SP 5 installation ?

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VIkas

There is no OSS for this issue.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas

What I means is that changes in java/flex code cannot bedelivered as OSS notes. Only ABAP changes go into OSS notes.

Changes in java/flex code line either are available as Service Packs OR Patches on top of Service Packs.

In this particular case, the Service Pack has fixes related to that area, which if you apply will take away other variables around the issue you are facing.

Hope that helps understand.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

I ahve opened an OSS message for teh same as well. However my basic problem is that after the confirguration of SPM scheduler as per the guide I am still getting an error.

As per the suggestion I have apthced the system to SP05 and now a new error message is given:

Application error occurred during request processing.

Details: com.sap.analytics.aui.usermanagement.exceptions.UserManagementServiceException: Cannot get Portal User for JCO

Exception id: [E29813A00805007700000012000BF096000498A936E55F1A]

Basically I am confused as to which portal user is it talking about.

I have used SSASCHEDULER user for seeting the scheduler and SAPBIMETA for setting JCos.

Both of these users are given full authorizations but still this error is popping up.

Regards

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket

Not quite sure, seems like some issue on the portal side where the user information cannot be retrieved.

Have you tried running BI Diagnostic tool. Although that tool focuses on the Portal to BW connectivity, it does a decent job of checking a whole bunch of settings in the process.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

I was able to get rid of that error regarding user.

Actually in Visual Admin for SPM 2.1 the scehduler user XSAUSER is hard coded and that needs to be cerated in UME engine to get the thing working.

But now I have come up with a new error which i got from default.trc file.

Now when we get to teh URL http://<hostname>:portnumber/aui_olap/scheduler it doesnt give any error message but comes up with a blank screen.

But when I checked in default.trc the error coming up is :

"SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_37##0#0#Error##Java###com.sap.analytics.aui.persistence.repository.ItemExistsException: Cannot add node [Spend by Suppl Geo] to parent node [/sap/New folder2/New folder1]"

Can you please guide me through this ro should my BI guy look into the same.

Thanks & Regards

Aniket

+1 404 566 0090

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket

Blank page is fine, just being able to successfully launch the scheduler page without error means that it was successful.

What is this new error impacting?

Are you getting any reporting issues in SPM UI?

Either ways, this thread has become too long to follow, since the original issues is resolved, lets close this thread.

If this new error (I suspect related to hierarchy config/execution) is causiing reporting issues in SPM UI pls feel free to start a new thread.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for all your support. If bringing in a blank [pade is not an issue then my problem is solved.

I will ask my BI team to do the checking an dconfirm if everything is wokring fine.

Regards

Aniket

Answers (0)