Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between CRM-cProjects-PS-SD

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

We are implementing CRM Services and SAP ERP PS, MM, SD, HCM, FI and CO. The customer has projects in which they sell hardware, software and offer different services (that can be offered with internal or external resources). Every project has many practices involved.

We are presenting the following solution. We would be planning the whole project in PS, creating the quotation in SD based in ths PS costing. The billing plan would be created based in the project milestones.

The customer is requesting the implementation of cProjects in conjunction with CRM services for the solution of their requeriment. I've been analysing cProjects, and don't really see this feasible. I could execute the internal activities with cProject, but don't find a suitable way of executing the logistic scenarios. For example:

-In the case of the materials requeriments, how can we execute the cycle? Should we create CRM service orders to procure those materials? In the case of PS, I can add materials and trigger the purchase requisition or the reservation, but in the case of cProjects?

-In the case of the milestones-based billing, how can we connect the cProject with the billing? In PS can we link the milestones with the billing plan, but in the case of cProjects?

-In the case we use CRM service orders linked to the cProjects and the service order suffers a delay, how does this affect the project? Does the activities of the cProjects suffer also a delay due to the delay in the service order?

-In the case we implement cProject like I mentioned, do we need CRM Sales to invoice the project?

Thanks in advance to all!!

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to Pramod's inputs, do note that materials and services for the quotation items can be determined in 'Easy Cost Planning' in cProjects.'Easy Cost Planning' enables you to quickly calculate planned costs in the SAP System for Internal Orders or WBS Elements.Do peruse the scenario in the following link for an improved understanding:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm450sp04/helpdata/en/23/16dc48ebde4f5b99eeaee0663d17fc/frameset.htm

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pramod, thanks Pradeepkumar! Thanks for your help!

As far as I can see, and according to your comments, there is no possibility to handle logistic scenarios in cProjects. I will always need a hybrid between PS and cProjects. Is this correct? If I have a complex project, that includes financial and logistics steps, I will always need to have PS and/or MM there. Right?

Thanks everyone!

Regards,

Federico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the business scenario that you detailed,there is definitely the need for tight integration with core SAP modules like MM,SD,FI/CO for which PS would be an obvious choice coupled with the fact there the customer is also looking at a web based intuitive solution is where cProjects would fit in.

In summary,hybrid/composite solution of PS+cProjects would aid you in delivering your solution efficiently.

Regards,

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeepkumar! Just one more question. The thing is that I'm trying to avoid using cprojects and PS together. I don't really find it feasible here. The projects are not really thaht large to use two applications to execute them.

So, taking into account that cProjects is not really oriented to logistic scenarios, is there any possibility I can use CRM service orders assigned to the cProjects to handle all the logistics activity of the cproject? How do you see this? Having the work activities executed with cProjects and the logistics ones (like materials procurement) with service orders assigned to the cProject. How does it sound? Have you ever seen it this way?

I appreciate your help!

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thalos,

By what i comprehend from your proposition,it is quite possible to use CRM service orders assigned to the cProjects(via object linking feature) to handle all the logistics activity of cprojects.However,CRM in itself manages all logistic activities via integration(middleware) with ECC.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are going to use CRM then you can exeute all sales related activities in conjuction with cProjects. for Material procurement activities you may need to have PS integration with cProjects. Like what I believe is that you can achieve resource allocation, and all internal activiities through cProjects efficiently, in PS you can execute MM related activities. You can replicate the same required project structure from cprojects to PS including all the internal activities, external and general cost activities. PS with FICO will give you detail cost plan with cProjects.

Pramod

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post it in cProject forum.