cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP to mail scenario with DES decryption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a existing process where FTP data files are scheduled to be available at 1:00pm each day on the FTP server. Earlier to support this, a Windows-based FTP client script has been developed by us which automatically retrieves the files via the Internet and does a number of other tasks which are detailed below. This script runs at 1:10pm each day, including weekends and holidays. The script retrieves 3 files, which are saved locally, and then decrypted, archived, and finally transferred via mail and also FTP to specific Unix directories for import into various SAP systems

I have a scenario where SAP PI needs to do the same stuff above that is pick a file from the ftp location and send it to a mail address. The file will be in encrypted format and SAP PI needs to decrypt the file and the decrypted file needs to be send through.

The files at the FTP side are encrypted using DES Encryption so ideally SAP PI needs to decrypt it using DES decryption.

I know I can keep the DES software on the UNIX server at XI side and call it in sender file adapter at OS level calls but as far as I know it will be difficult for maintenance as the logs won't be available for proper monitoring.

What is the best way to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance.

Ravijeet

Edited by: RAVIJEET.SAP.PI on Dec 2, 2010 4:00 PM

Edited by: RAVIJEET.SAP.PI on Dec 2, 2010 8:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions