cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting installed after dismantling functional location in equipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am facing an error in installing the functional location after dismantling it.

My requirement is that I have to change the current functional location of an equipment to the given functional location.

My code snippet is as below

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_EQUI_DISMANTLE'  " Dismantling the old functional location 
CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'
if succesful 
CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_EQUI_INSTALL'   " Installing the new functional location 
CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'
endif. 

My problem is that it is working some times and some times its not working. It is throwing an error message saying

'Installation/Dismantling time must be greater that hh:mm:ss'

Is it something like after dismantling it should wait for some time ? Anything related to server time ?

But it is working some times and at a times it is throwing the error.

Please suggest how can I handle this.

Regards,

Deepti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepti

I think you need to activate usage history updating in config for the requisite Equipment category( for which you are getting errors). May be the eqpt which are working OK belong to a different category. Please go through the following OSS note which details the customization needed and carry them out.

Let me know if it helped you.

394006 - Equipm.:Customizing for correct installation/dismantlng time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

Thank you for your reply. In my whole code i am working only with one type of equipment category.

And I am not aware of activate usage history updation that you mentioned. I shall check it with my functional consultant regarding that and even OSS note.

And just another way that I thought about is like coding 'WAIT UPTO N SECONDS' in the program may work. But that would again depend on the server fastness. Anyhow need to see for some other alternative.

Regards,

Deepti