cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script column alignment

0 Kudos

Hi,

I m printing 5 columns, the line(paragrah format) is LEFT aligned and the 3/4/5 tabs have numbers with RIGHT alignment.

The problems is these numbers are not printing correctly in some cases(not exactly underneath one another with proper alignment).

say 2 line items are printing zero in 3rd column and then the total line which is sum of the above two is printing zero however it is little right not exactly underneath the line item zeros in the next line and some numbers go little right to the above ones though tabs are right aligned.

Would expect a speed answer.

Thanks,

Shravan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Yes, got it right with the TAB alignment as SIGN. Thank you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

apply asingle tab betwwen each column in the text element of the window. then the paragraph format which is applied for retriving the data in the text element,aplly tabs in increasing order for that paragraph according to the column width.

u may get the right result .

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many possibilities needs to consider for this issue.

Make sure, you paragraph format uses the right font family.. sometime alginment issue on number comes out because of font family..

For example, if you font family is HELVE, and you are trying to preview on uni-code enabled printer.. alignment goes off.. so, you need to use HELVCYR font family or make you font family blank and use character format to consider the font family.

Other possible scenario, may be you tab space positioning is wrong.. allocate more tab space between columns.

I guess, the above point may help you to close the thread.

Regards,

SaiRam

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you looking in printpreview or print. Secondly all the amounts are right aligned but i guess tab spacing is the problem. Try increasing it.

Thanks

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the tab screen, define the allignment as decimal.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that you item field and total value field are of same data type.

Regards

Praveen