cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS report does not equal to asset balance report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

We have this problem where PS report S_ALR_87013557 is showing higher amount than the Asset Balances report S_ALR_87011964.

Have checked on the transactions and found out that some postings are not yet settled to asset that is why the amount is different. However, there are instances that settlement has been done to Asset but it did not reflect to Asset Balances report. Is there a way or report so that I can further check on discrepancy?

Also, is there any existing report where I can view all postings made to WBS element or even project definition?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have settled part of the cost to asset and rest to some other receiver like cost center. check the settlement rule of the WBSE. Also, execute CJI3 but make sure you have maintained proper date range. Here you will find all the cost postings made to the project and also you can see the settled values.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your response.

Receiver in settlement rule is fixed asset, but some did not have WBS in asset master, maybe this is the reason.

Have checked report S_ALR_87013558, though I'm not sure what is Commitment column all about?

Can any one help the purpose of the commitment column and in what scenario it will reflect to actual column?

Appreciate any inputs on this. Thank you.