Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contributor badge is not getting updated

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moderators,

ist some policy or some rule has been changed for updating the star beside the Username.

Just now I observed that I have reached around 1700 in year:2010. but still its showing "Silver" star beside my name.

Assuming star system has been changed or dropper? - not sure.

Can anyone clarify the same , why its not getting updated.

Many thanks.

Regards,

ReazuddinMD

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Dec 3, 2010 10:46 AM - subject corrected for clarification

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ReazuddinMD,

I'm responsible for the recognition program and just looked at your contributions. It seems you became Active Contributor Gold between November 24 and 25, so the new badge should be showing by now.

I have contacted our IT department to find out what's wrong. Will get back to you when I know more.

FYI, the badge was previously showing for points you accumulate annually, but starting next Monday there is a new mechanism in place and on Dec. 31 your badge will not disappear, you will need to make sure to keep your status for a rolling period of 12 months. See [my blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/22239] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; for all the details.

Best,

Laure

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laure,

your badge will not disappear, you will need to make sure to keep your status for a rolling period of 12 months. See my blog for all the details.

i also had this doubt,what happens to these pionts/badges after 31st, thanks for clarifying. so we can keep participating in the sdn without bothering of these pionts/badges.

regards

Mahesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so we can keep participating in the sdn without bothering of these pionts/badges.

From the above comments, I feel you bother much about the badges and points

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

No not at all , after December 31st if the pionts/badges went off then so many here can post threads on "why my badge gone away?".once i saw one person asking the question "what happens to these pionts after 31st?" in this forum. i don't know the answer until today,its good to hear that like pionts for last 30 days we can see our badges according to last 1 year and keep participate without bothering for a date whether all these are gone or something will happen.until now these pionts not helped me in real world so i don't much bother.

regards

Mahesh

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Laure,

I just saw your reply.

Still the same. Issue is not bothering about points or something else. its about recognition, which is highly motivating factor . that is it.

I dont see, anything wrong, until you earn points by respecting the forum rules.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its done.

Thanks

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It takes several days for the update after you crossed the mark. You racked up the last 200 in just a few days, so I assume you'll be upgraded anytime now. Hold your breath

Thomas

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Thomas,

nice to see your reply.

Should not happen to update the star on 31st Dec'2010, Then there is no fun in updating.

Whole year efforts - shown in 1 day.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........,

not fair, isnt it??

Regards,

ReazuddinMD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wait until after the weekend.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If these star medals were in Chocolate, we could at least eat them...

Olivier

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Olivier-

that TRUE.

In such case,I would LOVE to eat "Plantinum" Choclate rather than SILVER or GOLD.

Just waiting my CHOCLATE...................... , waiting period will increase expecations of the CHOCLATE TASTE.

Regards,

ReazuddinMD