Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experiences with connections between PI and BC 4.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

in SAP help I found the sentence:

To connect to the Integration Server and the PCK, you need SAP Business Connector 4.7.

As version 4.8 is the latest version of BC and I want to use this one, is it possible to connect BC 4.8 with PI?

Any experiences with this kind of connection?

Thanks, Christina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> in SAP help I found the sentence:

> To connect to the Integration Server and the PCK, you need SAP Business Connector 4.7.

Where did you find this?

> As version 4.8 is the latest version of BC and I want to use this one, is it possible to connect BC 4.8 with PI?

Yes, you can connect any BC to PI. There is a special BC adapter availble in PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> in SAP help I found the sentence:

>> To connect to the Integration Server and the PCK, you need SAP Business Connector 4.7.

> Where did you find this?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/6a/3f93404f673028e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

>> As version 4.8 is the latest version of BC and I want to use this one, is it possible to connect BC 4.8 with PI?

>Yes, you can connect any BC to PI. There is a special BC adapter availble in PI.

Ok, in general you can connect both tools. I was wondering due to the above mentioned help page if there is a constraint to version BC 4.7 ONLY

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I was wondering due to the above mentioned help page if there is a constraint to version BC 4.7 ONLY

BC must be at least 4.7

SAP Note 774854 mentions also BC 4.7, but is was not updated after 2007.

But it will work with 4.8 anyway.