cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple vendor - Transportation scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For our client we need to implement pool point shipment scenario. In this scenario, the goods would get delivered from Plant A to distribution centre B and from here it would be supplied to individual customers. To handle this scenario we would be using Transportation chain. The first shipment from Plant till distribution centre would have multiple deliveries combined in it and one vendor. However the second shipment would be individual shipment to the end customer and this would be delivred by another vendor. When creating the second shipment document we can manually put the second vendor in there but i would like to know if this vendor can get automatically defaulted in the shipment document and what is the required setting for the same

Any advice on the above would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Opelika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to make small correction, with routine maintained in shipment doc type, you can default the vendor from delviery document in shipment document creation.

But as already said, I too feel the same, that the 2nd vendor may not defaulted automatically.

Regards,

ReazuddinMD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think through standard settings, this is possible. In fact, even in first stage, you cannot bring any vendor automatically. You have to key in either at header level or at item level. May be you can try with some exit.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi