cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document no assignment problem help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi GURUS,

i need to assign a document no for two doctument types ..i created a document no range SNRO and assigned to

one document type -TST now i need to assign same no range to second doc type .but it is over lapping .one no is given to first doc type and second no to second doc type.

In MCDOKZNR program there is call function number_check . i gave number ,object ,range in call function . it is generating no value to one doc type ( exp : trd01) but for second doc type (exp: tst02) but i need tst01 to generate....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Propose you give a try to the approach mentioned below.

Got to SAP IMG > Cross Application Components > Document Management > Control data > Define Number ranges for Document Numbers(Transaction OD00) > Define your number range(external/internal) here. Then go to the specific document types TST and TRD and assign the above number range.Maintain the number exit as MCDOKZNR.

Test the scenario.You should be able to use the same document number for these two document types.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pannem,

You need not av to create different document number ranges for diff doc types as u want to use the same document number.

Whatever the number range that u av defined,assign the same number ranges to two different document types.

For E.g:

From Number : 1000000 & To number : 9999999999 (External Number 04), Assign the number range for document types TST and as well DRW in External number range field.

So whenever u try to create DIR, Document number 1000000 can be used for TST & DRW document types.

Hope this clarifies you....

Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx for the help.... now in cv01n tcode in second tab ADDITIONAL data we have 3 inputs category,sub category and sub type . now i need to concatenate these three when document no is created .

doc number generation i created but how to concatenate these 3 filds and displayed when clicked saved button. Those 3 fields of type char.

please help me out . automatic doc no is generating i wrote tht in stndard program zmcdokznr ..help me in writing the code to concatenate these 3 fields .

THANKS in advance