cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving MM_MATBEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have gone through many useful threads and have identified the required archiving objects for Sales Documents.

I am still not very clear about dependency of some objects like MM_MATBEL.

Do I need to archive MM_MATBEL to complete archiving of SD_VBAK or is it optional ?

Thanks,

Rahim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahim,

In general, it is recommended to use the sequence in the network graphic (SARA -> Network Graphic), so that you get maximum throughput for your archiving. But please note that the network graphic is just a best practice to be followed and is not to be considered as a dependency rule.

Have a look at SAP note 391350 which provides more information about this. Also observe that the note says that no inconsistencies are caused even if you ignore the order.

In short, it is always advisable to follow the network sequence for a good archiving strategy.

Hope this helps,

Naveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's optional. You can see it. If you go to tcode AOBJ and go to object SD_VBAK, if you select it and see in 'mantain network graphic' you can see the dependencies: SD_VBRK, RV_LIKP, MM_EKKO, MM_EBAN (the 2 last for STO). Of course, you must see the dependencies of this object (for instance RV_LIKP has SD_VTTK).

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that its very tough to say even it is optional or not because we dont know how many fields are integreated or interlinked with MM_MATBEL & with SD_VBAK.

if you have a archiving team please contact them.

if you not having the team, please contact an ABAP consultant or BASIS consultant.

hope this adds information to you.

balajia