cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config for Production client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm a new basis and now I'm working in big project ERP. I have a disturbed about config for Production client.

In scc4 we must set client role is Production and No change allowed for Objects. But in production some time we need do Open and Close Period, or change following business requirement, ... This is not allowed to do in Production client.

How do we config for Production client to cover this requirements ?

Do we need a config client for maintain Production client ? Example: Production client is 500, Config client is 100. When we need Open or Close Period or change anything, we do in 100 and transfer request to 500.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Thanh.

Do not use text message language, the next time your thread will be deleted.

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Dec 1, 2010 11:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can customize transaction to be executable although the setting in SCC4 is "productive", this is accomplished by using transaction SOBJ:

Note 1497640 - Open and close periods in productive client

You can theoretically put every customizing view there and make it "executable" in a production system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Follow Note 1497640, in tcode SBOJ I can't find view /BA1/VB0_PERIOD.

Regards,

Thanh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How can I lock the environment for modification?

Anybody know the T-CODE to do that?

Tks,

Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set in tcode SCC4, choose client role is Test or Productive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For few config changes which are not transportable you have to open the prod client. But make sure you select the time when these are few users are logged on to avoid others to update your prod client if they have access to the transactions.

No need to maintain 2 clients in productions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question is not clear. However, if your question is about , period opening and closing is possible only if a client is marked as productive. So your production system will always be marked as production in SCC4.