cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe on a Table device?

former_member182638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has IFbA running on any form of portable table device? I understand (correct me if I am wrong) that it won't work on an iPad.

If so, what device and operating system / browser combination are you using?

For those of you who might ask why not consider an app (web or native), that is also being considered. Right now I am interested if IFbA is even a possibility at a technical level.

Rgds

John Moy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at Note 1002905

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd just like to say thanks for the contributors to this thread - it's helped me with a proposal for a customer covering Adobe Forms and tablets.

Really surprisesd there isn't a viable solution for this technology on the current mobile platforms - suppose it is more incentive to consider Sybase style solutions...

Thanks,

Gareth.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There was a community member, I believe it was Andres, who tried doing SIFBA on mobile phones month ago. There was a thread about a topic with some facts and attempts/ approaches. Search for it.

IPAD won´t work I think. Steve does not like Adobe. In fact it should work on any device which allows you to run Reader. I mean a reasonable Reader (not any reader mini or something). Unfortunatelly this has nothing to do with SAP, more with Adobe. So I recommend you to check Adobe forums or manuals if there is a list of devices/ systems etc.

I have heard it works on BB but am not sure about that.

By the way: what is your reason for this? I mean: on mobile devices the user experience is so different that most of the user would not like the forms anyway. And it is my daily bread and I still think this way. So from my point of view there is no reason for support where nobody would like it.

I can understand that you would be able to use a "desktop form" on mobile without modifications, no extra budget, ok, but still the users would complain in my opinion.

Cheers Otto

former_member182638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I can understand why you would question the usability of the Adobe form on a tablet device. But it is still being considered as an OPTION because the business requirement is to be able to work offline for days without network coverage (people in remote regions of Australia) so 'always connected' scenarios are out of the question. They need to be able to complete as many as 20 forms at a time and store the data on the device, then sync back when they are back online.

Of course another option is app development, and this brings up questions around solution such as Sybase. Currently we are licensed for IFbA, but we do not have Sybase in our environment so the 'cost hurdle' is higher to justify. Also we know of course the SAP-Sybase solution is still evolving.

We would need to consider each option from a cost benefit perspective. Currently the users actually prefer the Adobe form because of the nature of what they are recording, they also want to be able to print it and use it in paper forms for some people (eg. those that don't have a tablet).

Thanks again

John

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like you have been thinking about it for some time. I hope this thread will appear in many future google search results about Adobe forms on tablets, because it covers nicely the topic. In case you would implement this, would you tell us about it in future? I would like to learn the new ways...

Good luck, Otto