cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIDADM password during system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am doing a heterogeneous system copy. During which I am prompted for sidadm password. The systems at the client's place were setup long back. I have no clue about the sidadm password.

Can you please tell me how can i go through this? Any pointers to any other threads will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<sid>adm User is OS level user. You will have to provide password of <sid>adm user of Target system.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the export there is no target system. I am still at the source system and sapinst asks for source system sidadm password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can reset it if you have admin privileges on the server - otherwise you should contact the OS administrator to do it for you if the password is really needed.

Kind regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the export phase you will have to provide the password of the DB user in order to export the data from the DB.

Do you have the credentials of that user?

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have the admin previlages. Can you please provide me pointers on how to reset this password.

I wanna be extra careful before i do anything to the client system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

passwd sidadm is the command you are looking for.

Kind regards,

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer [this link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c5/9b2f0ff05011d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm].

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You guys are right. The passwd command works for Linux but unfortunately I am switching from Windows to Linux. So I need the password in Windows environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. The link is the place to end up.

the process to change the passwords is

To change the operating system level password on each Windows application server, enter in a command prompt:

C:\>lusrmgr.msc

Right-click on <SID>ADM and choose Set Password.

Rahul