Did you mean: 

Attachment link is not visible- external content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have integrated an external content server to SAP

i have done following activities:

1) I have maintained content repository using Tcode OAC0

2) I have Maintained Global Doc Type (ZFININV Finance Invoice scan doc document class: TIF) using Tcode OAC2

3) i have maintained Link for Doc type ZFININV and assigned Object type: BKPF using tcode OAC3

4) I have all My documents scaned and residing there on my content server . So i have manually created entry for these documents in Table TOA01 .

5) I have maintained protocol using tcode OAA3

Function : Display Stored Document

Doc Class: FAX

communication type : HTTP

In application Maintenance i have used internet explorer as an application.

7) In tcode OAG4 : i have maintained settings for storage and display.

😎 Now i can search document using Tcode OAAD. i can display document in my content server viewer

Now my customer wants that while doing business transaction , customer should be able to attach link of supporting document which is already residing there on my content server.

Say for example: I display a Finance document using tcode FB03. While doing maintenance of this document ,from the same screen , i want to attach supporting document (or link of the document) which is already archived there in my content server

but when i click on attachment list (using GOS) , i can not see any link which i can attach to this transaction

please suggest me .. whether i forgot any step Or is there any other way to do this requirement?

thanks

sandeep sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep Sharma

For ARchiveLink in FI

pls go to this link and check "Document Processing Functions"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo/helpdata/en/d7/e21dde408e11d1896b0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

and check proper authorization for ARchivelink

SAP_BC_SRV_ARL_ADMIN ArchiveLink Administrator

SAP_BC_SRV_ARL_USER Activities of a normal SAP ArchiveLink user

Regards

Tushar Dave

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Attachment list is to view the already attached documents, so you cannot attach using attachment list. For attaching a document to the buiness object, use create->attachment in the GOS options. But generally this allows attaching a document which is on the local machine, i am not sure whether you will be able to see the documents which you have stored in the exernal storage.

Alteratively, in FB03, try using Environment -> Additional Assignments to see if it meets your requirements. You will have to explore a bit and do some trial and error tests for the solution as this is a particular requirement which you have got.

hope this helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

Alteratively, in FB03, try using Environment -> Additional Assignments to see if it meets your requirements. You will have to explore a bit and do some trial and error tests for the solution as this is a particular requirement which you have got

thanks a lot.

It works. but limitation for this is: by this way we can attach only those documents which are viewed recently (last 5 viewed doc). Is there any way using that we can see links of all the documents related to that BO so that we can attach any of them.

regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

as per naveen's reply 
Alteratively, in FB03, try using Environment -> Additional Assignments to see if it meets your requirements.

i can attach document in tcode fb03

but say for exampl in Tcode ME51N if i craete a purchase requisition and i want to assign attachment from my content server.

I can not see option additional assignment under

Environment -> Additional Assignments

Please suggest me solution how can view this so that i can make attachment

thanks

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

All your configuration looks perfect but missed out workflow task assignment to your document type.

Suggest to work with Document type customizing wizard OAD5 transaction and assign the workflow task for your defined document type.

For creating purchase requisition use early archiving scenario workflow task and

For FB03 you should use workflow task late archiving

Process of creating Purchase requisition & attaching the reference document should happen from transaction OAWD - Store document.

Question for you - How did you store the documents into your content server? If it is by enterprise scanner application then we have to look in different way.

Hope this will help you.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

any input on this?

becuase i can see this Environment -> Additional Assignments option only in FB03 transaction

but for other transactions i cant see this option under tab Environment.

Please let me know the process. How to attach link of the stored documents in any business transaction where documents are stored on archival server (external content server). This external server is attached to SAP.

Edited by: sandeep sharma on Dec 6, 2010 7:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

as naveen replied in this thread:

Alteratively, in FB03, try using Environment -> Additional Assignments to see if it meets your requirements. You will have to explore a bit and do some trial and error tests for the solution as this is a particular requirement which you have got.

This is standard functionality provided by sap

Storing Incoming Document->Manual storing-> Assigning a Document that is Already Stored:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4f/99386b446d11d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

For this additional assignment, the time at which the business object was created does not matter. It is also possible to assign other archived documents to existing business objects. An archived document is assigned using the function module ARCHIV_APPEND_DIALOG_META.

This additional assignment fulfils my requirement . but i cant see this option for other transaction (say for example ME51n or MM01 ) for which i can do this additional object assignment.

Is it possible to add this additional assignment option in another business transactions context menu? or anyother work around to fulfill this requirement...

thanks

sandeep

Edited by: sandeep sharma on Dec 8, 2010 6:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is possible with Assigning a Document that is Already Stored

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/4f/993377446d11d189700000e8322d00/content.htm

regards

sandeep