cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show another WD application in same page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I have to call another WD application from one of my WD applications. I know there is a way to do it using method create_external_window. But that opens a popup.

We want to show the application on the same page.

Is it possible to do so? IFrame is obsolete, so I cannot use that also.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the Forum thread [External_window|;

wherein the option of IFrame is deprecated in 7.0 and 7.01 but it is coming back supported in 7.02.

So, you can keep your option of IFrame still open. Other than that you are not left with much of choice.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>So, you can keep your option of IFrame still open. Other than that you are not left with much of choice.

That's not true at all - if as you state this other application is also web dynpro ABAP. As already suggested earlier you can use component usage to embed one Web Dynpro ABAP component within another. This is how things like FPM and ALV work. In fact if the other application is in fact WDA you wouldn't want to use an iFrame. An iFrame would cause two user sessions to be created. When you use component usage it is still one user session and all the web dynpro components can share data easily.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think you can proceed as follows:

You need to go for Component Usage. Define the usage of second component in first component. Place one view container ui element in the view of your first component. Place the view of second component (which you want to display in same page) in the interface view. Embed this view in the view container ui element of first component through window.

Regards,

Saket