cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between Customer PO number & Ship-to Party's PO number

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

Can anyone explain what is Customer PO number & Ship-to Party's PO number in sales order ?

what the differences between Customer PO number & Ship-to Party's PO number in sales order ?

when i use the customer PO number and when i use ship-to party's PO number ? i mean what condition ?

what the impact if i use one of them or both ? what transaction that may problem/potential to problem because i use both of them ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Saiful arif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In our business we sell products to our dealers.

The dealer has many end customers, which we have mapped as ship-to party and attached to dealer number (who is defined as sold-to party).

The dealer combines many of his end customers purchase orders and places as one purchase order with us. When we make shipments, individual line items have different ship-to numbers assigned and for each item seperate ship-to purchase order number is maintained.

When relevant output documents are printed, both the dealer purchase order number and ship-to (end cusotmer) purchase order numbers are printed and the documents are sent to both dealer and end customers.

Since the business process demands printing of both the PO numbers, we use this field.

Regards,

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arif,

Please go through the help document.

It is clearly mentioned that, Ship to party PO number is end customer's PO number which means, This PO number is used as the reference to inward the goods @ Ship to party site, where Order is placed by actual Sold to party. Some cases, Sold to & Ship to may not be same. Ship to internally may raise PO to Sold to. With that Ship to PO reference SOld to raise the PO with the busienss which we entered in header level.

Hope it clears,

Regards,

ReazuddinMD