Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameterized Message Mapping (RFCLookup) test in ESB message behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am using parameterized message mapping using RFCLookup function

In the TEST tab of the mapping, I've provided my test xml instance message and inputted the Message Mapping Parameter (MMP) value with the RFC Receiver Communication Channel I am using,

looking at the Trace level in the editor, the source field value was put to the RFC as the import parameter, but the mapping fails with error that the RFC returned my defined exception (no POnumber available for MaterialNumber) --> which is not the expected result because in the ERP backend there is an existing PO for the material. I tested the RFC in the backend ERP itself and it is performing ok, with a PO number returned for the material (testing in SE37)

I checked on the Comm Channel and my message is being passed to the RFC adapter, but up to this point only:

RfcAdapter received a synchronous message. Trying to send sRFC for Z_RFC_NAME.

RfcAdapter received a synchronous message. Trying to send sRFC for PIREPUSER.

I have created the Binding for the Operation Mapping.

Would any of you have an idea on what is missing or what is wrong?

• P.S. my RFC has a defined exception in it, but currently I am not using it in the RFCLookup mapping (unchecked "Use Exception" checkbox)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Solved the issue by passing the complete length of input parameter as defined in my RFC, e.g. input param in RFC is TYPE to a 12 char field, and the input parameter value being passed by the IDoc is only 6 chars.

In this case i used formatNumber function to put leading zeroes to complete the input parameter length

sourceField -->formatNumber --> RFCLookup --> targetField

Weird behaviour though is that even if my message is successfully received in the receiving system, the RFC CommChannel that my RFCLookup is using is still only showing this:

2010-12-01 23:14:32 Information RfcAdapter received a synchronous message. Trying to send sRFC for Z_FM_NAME.

2010-12-01 23:14:32 Information RfcAdapter received a synchronous message. Trying to send sRFC for J2EE_GUEST.

Why isn't the whole request response of the RFC captured by the RFC adapter? (e.g. MDT has status DLVG, DLV...)

ajay_wandre
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think RFC accepts only CHAR, NUMC and not INT.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any one has the answer to this?

The error is still the same, sRFC sending in Adapter engine is not successul

when I test in ESB and --> Display Queue on the RFCLookup function it shows below queue:

rfclookup:in0 rfclookup:out0 rfclookup:out1

<materialNo> <null> <exception message returned>

why would rfclookup:out0 in the queue have null value when i am passing the material number to it?

my Remote Function Module has 1 import and 1 export parameter only

so the mapping is

MTsourceField --> materiaNo (postion 1 on the left bottom table of the rfclookup function=import parameter) --> (position 1 on the right bottom table of the rfclookup function=export parameter) ---> MTtargetField

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Place a break point in the FM called by RFC.

Try to execute the mapping and check in debugging session, what value is passed for material number (import parameter) and what is returned value of PO number.

-Rahul

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try passing the material number with leading zeros, if any required i.e. the total length of the input parameter.

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HJ,

I'm also facing the same problem....

please update the threat, if you find any solution...

thanks,

Lalitkumar.