SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget billing procedure (3) u2013 Impact of alternate start month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have below scenario where i need your help.

Scenario u2013

Customer on BBP with start month Jan 2010 and alt start month as Jan 2011

As per the process, customers account (read contract) will get settled on Dec 2010 invoice and a new BBP will be generated for next 12 month (starting from Jan 2011 to Jan 2012).

My question- If I change the alternative start month at contract level from Jan 2011 to July 2010, (change made before June 2010), will it get settled on June invoice and create new BBP for next 12 month.

I tested the above scenario but its not getting settled as I explained but not sure if any additional configuration is needed for this or not.

If the above scenario is not possible, is there has any way to change the alternate start date?

Regards,

Sanjoy

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternate start month does not influence when the account settles. It also does not have an year that goes with it. It works like this.

Start month 01

Year 2010

Alternate start month 07

Let us say when you are creating the plan you had these entered in the initial screen, then system will create a short plan that will start as of 01/2010 and ends in 06/2010. In June, it will settle the plan and then creates a new plan that is 1 year plan starting as of 07/2010 and ending 06/2011.

Now let us say you did not enter the alternate start month while creating but changed it later to July. Then the plan will be created as starting in 01/2010 and ending in 12/2010. In December, it will settle this plan and creates a new plan. Now it will see that there is an alternate start month of July, so it will create only a short plan starting 01/2011 till 06/2011. In June of 2011, it settles again and then creates the new plan starting 07/2011 and ending 06/2012.

I hope this clarifies.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply..

You are bsolutely correct....

0 Kudos

Do we need to maintain the Alternate start month in contract level? (in EVER)