cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure a communication channel polling on two folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using PI 7.0. I have to configure only one communication channel that polls two different folders say and . we are using UNIX OS. After processing, the files should move to their corresponding archive folders.

The folder paths are:

com/test/111/data and com/test/222/data

Their corresponding archive paths are

com/test/111/data/archive and com/test/222/data/archive

Plz help me out..

thanks in advance

Regards,

bhrunda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhrunda,

It is not possible using the standard adapters to archive into two different folders.

This requirement cannot be achieved using Commandline scripts or with custom function modules.

To achieve this requirement, you need to do custom adapter development.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Guru has explained in his reply same you can see in this blog with screen shots.. so just try it..

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru/singh

I have tried using the Advanced Selection for Source File". The problem is files from both these channels are archiving into a common archive folder.

I want the files processed from com/test/111/data folder to be archived into com/test/111/data/archive folder and similarly

files from com/test/222/data should be archive into com/test/222/data/archive.

How can we do this?

Thanks & Rrgads

Bhrunda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot one of your archiving concern in my previous reply. Actually as per my knowledge it is not possible to set 2 or more archiving paths in a single communication channel. So, in this case you have to use 2 different CCs.

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try developing custom adapter module and implement the archiving logic in the module.

You can read the directory name using method getMessageProperty() .

But simplest way would be to create 2 CC as you have 2 different folders to poll and archive them accordingly.

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can this archiving problem be addressed by writing a command line UNIX script rather than creating a new CC or writing an adapter module?

Regards,

Bhrunda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using Command line you can archive them to one folder.but archiving to two different locations . i dont think so

Former Member
0 Kudos

This works only for NFS.

In the file sender channel, you will have "Advanced Selection for Source File", Check on the check box

Fill in the

'Directory' - Folder to be polled

"File Name Mask" - Files pattern to be picked up

"Exclusion Mask' - Files to be ignored