cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR saved without entering values for mandatory characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have defined two characteristics (Test 1 & Test 2) as mandatory and set the dependency for the characteristics. If i select a value in Test 1 then depended values are loaded in Test 2. Then i can save the DIR with the characteristics values which are defined as mandatory.

When the user does not enter the values for mandatory fields then the system prompts the user to enter the values. If he cancels the same ,then the status of the class will be changed and allowing the user to save the DIR with out the characteristic values which are defined as mandatory. But the system should not allow the user to save the DIR with out entering the mandatory values. Can you help me to solve this problem.

Regards

Raja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Am also facing the same problem and plz update with soluion

I don't want to save DIR without providing sap object links (PR item or SO)  or without attachment of document.

Please suggest me ..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Your requirement can be achived very easily & it is very much standard requirement of any business.

to make at least one file attachment mandatory in CV01N transaction i.e. while creating the DMS logic will be as follows:

"Use the exit or class name as "ZDMS_FILE_UPLOAD" & check in Exit class bulider

IF_EX_DOCUMENT_MAIN01~BEFORE_SAVE . This class bulder will check the exit before user tries to save the DMS in CV01N.

pass the following values in the exit:  T-code- CV01N  DRAW-DOKAR= Z**  system will check whether user has attached a file in DMS or not. If Not system should give error message that " Please attach at least one file"

Similarly use the same class bulder IF_EX_DOCUMENT_MAIN01~BEFORE_SAVE apply the user exit name as ZDMS_SE_STATUS where SE is the DMS Status & SE= Service Entry Sheet Number.

Once user enters a status SE user exit willl get activated & it will check the DRAD table whether user has entered a Service Enry Sheet number or not. If not system will give error message "Please enter Service Entry Sheet Number"

For this pass the values in the exit as follows: DRAD-DOKAR= Z**  where Z** is Doc type & DOKAR-DOKST= SE

This will fulfil your requirement. Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Unfortunately, the level of control that can be exercised in this case is display/supress Extras -> Classification feature in DIR and not actually make the value input mandatory prior to saving the DIR.

I see a conflict in details provided in F1 Help v/s F4 inputs in 'Class Data' field under 'Field Selection' tab.On testing though(as you have indicated in your post),F1 help details are validated as true(i.e, can only display/supress Extras -> Classification feature ).Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeep.

If i understand your answer correctly, it will save the DIR without entering mandatory values and we can't change this behavior. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.your DIR gets saved though the characteristic values may not be entered(only an alert/prompt is thrown up indicating that there are missing characteristic values).

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar