Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DP - Characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to upgrade to SCM 5.1 or SCM 7.0

We would like to add extra DP Characteristic in the system. Is it possible ? How ?

Should we add it in the new system (i.e after our system upgrade) or try to add it in old sytem (4.1)

before system upgrade ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, once you have system is upgraded and given to you on development , please check at that time. I think you are add the characterstic as part of CVC, due to which you require to delete the current CVCs and generate the new one. In this case I will suggest you to take the backup first.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as my understanding , if adding characteristic in APO DP is not easy. As it will be part of CVCs, it will change the entire data model. You might require to delete all your CVCs and create all CVCs again. So if you want to do it, I will suggest to do it during upgrade.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for help.

During the updgrade means after the Basis team has handed the system to us i.e once we have 7.0

add the characteristic in development ( which is 7.0 ) correct ?

Regards

Sameep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During upgrade means after the system is upgraded and given to us in Development ?

Regards

Sameep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are in the verge of upgrade you can do the same after getting the upgradeed development system.Since the addition of characteristics will change the structure of CVC and the MPOS and planning areas etc etc , this is huge change and the total planning area to to disconnected .So i suggest do the same after you get the new system and go ahead considering the same as new business process.

regards,

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to add extra DP Characteristic in the system. Is it possible ?

Should we add it in the new system (i.e after our system upgrade) or try to add it in old sytem (4.1)

before system upgrade ?

Thanks

Regards

Sameep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to add extra DP Characteristic in the system. Is it possible ?

Thank you

Regards

Sameep