cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger of Import Declaration (Work List) for SO based inbound flows in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am running a feasability study for GTS Customs managment Import. My client is using SO based flows for the return flows (SO-Delivery-Mtrl Document). In order to use local clearance (to avoid VAT and Customs Fee) we need to set this flow up in SAP and enable the doucment transfer from ECC to GTS.

We have come up with a few high level alternatives for the trigger for the GTS Import Declaration. It would be great if you could have a look on them and let us know your thoughts. What is feasible and what is not? Any recommendations?

Alt 1: Create Z program for the RFC call to GTS which basically is a copy of the standard program but it modifies the SO to be perceived as an PO in GTS and the Delivery to be perceived as an Inbound Delivery.

Alt 2: Use the SPL check which is set up in GTS Compliance management. Might be an alternative since the SO and Delivery is transferred to GTS for the SPL check. We should be able to find some user exit or BADI in the SPL check from where we can trigger det SO and Delivery to the Work List in GTS Customs Management.

Alt 3: Integrate the feeder system with GTS as an external system. This will require that we have IDoc outputs from the SO and Delivery on the feeder side and that we activate BAdI for Mapping External Data with or w/o Document Reference in GTS.

Alt 4: Treat the SO import flow as an Export flow in GTS (triggering it through a proforma document on the feeder side) but configure the activity sequence according to the Customs Authorities import specification.

Another question that we have is relating to GTS Inventory Management which we must use in order to use local clearance procedure. Is it possible to set up GTS inventory management without a Customs Warehouse and without configuring the Customs ID on the feeder side? Could it be used with the any of the alternatives above?

Any input is welcomed.

Thank you and best regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I fully understand the process of creating import declarations based on SO.

However, one comment is that GTS can create a worklist based on material movements from the "feeder" system. Material movements may or may not have a direct reference to a PO or SO. If configured correctly, GTS can use these material documents to trigger creation of items on the worklist. Once the declaration is created in GTS, you could manually add any SO or PO reference needed. Alternatively, if you are managing by batch, this might be a way to link SO's, material documents, PO's and GTS.

If in bond, material movements out could generate a declration for domestic issues based on the material documents (goods shipments and issues, etc)

I see your point in not wanting to set up the materials in GTS as relevant. It is very complicated. If you have a way to monitor in ECC, that's the best option. However, GTS might not allow domestic issues unless you set up and do the long process to configure the materials in GTS, and tell everyone involve what kind of movements they can and can not do.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GTS User7,

Thank you for your answer!

A few of the the terms you are using are a bit unfamilliar to me so I have some additional questions:

1) Regarding creating the WL based on material movements (material documents creation), my impression was that per SAP Standard the Material document can only be transfered/impact the Work List in GTS if it has a preceeding PO and Inbound Delivery that have already been transfered. How do I trigger the Work list only based on Mtrl Document?

2) Managing by Batch - could you shortly descibe this process and system requirements for me?

3) Domestic issues - could you shortly descibe this term for me?

BR

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mentioned that you are looking to use local clearance (to avoid VAT and Customs Fee), I read this as using the customs warehouse functionality in GTS.

If you have the customs warehouse set up, you may want to check out the returns order movement type (651) This is what the GTS library says: u201CThe system treats returns orders with returns deliveries (651) in the feeder system just like a receipt posting from a regular goods movement, because you post goods receipts in the feeder system by choosing a goods issue based on an outbound delivery. The customs warehouse handles these postings just like goods receipts, however, and therefore analogous to regular goods movements for customs warehouse receipts, with movement type 101.u201D

So if you have a goods receipt, you can create a entry into the customs warehouse. To get it out, youu2019d need some type of outbound movement. GTS would see this as an issue (reduction) of the customs warehouse. This outbound does not necessarily need a connection with a specific PO.

Also, for customs warehouse, this outbound movement, if it is customs cleared in the country where the customs warehouse is located is a u201Cdomestic movementu201D.

If a material is flagged as batch relevant, you can add a batch reference at the time of PO, or inbound delivery. For sales, you can add at time of SO or goods issue.

This batch number serves as a link for the transaction data. This number allows you to track the materials in a transaction through the purchas/mfg/sale process. Attached to the number can be a great deal of info on the material in the transaction. Through the batch reporting, you can track forwards or backwards all the follow-on transactions associated with the batch.

Answers (0)