cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full error text in XML message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is an erroneous message in SXMB_MONI. I can see only a part of the error message as follows,

Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_GLPost_To_ZFIDCCP02_; com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.MessageMappingException: Runtime exception when processing target-fieldmapping /ZFIDCCP02/IDOC/E1FIKPF/E1FISEG[2]/Z1FISE~

How can I view the entire error message text?

Thanks,

Netrey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inbound Message ( CENTRAL ) ->SOAP Header ->Trace

Drag down to the error tag and can see the complete log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferran and Sourabh,

Thanks for the replies. The error is at Request Message Mapping step so I checked SOAP Header > Trace at this level. However, I saw the message "TRACE TRUNCATED (for more details see Visual Administrator -> LogViewer)". I dont know how can I see the Visual Administrator. I even came to know that Visual Admin has been discontinued from PI version 7.0. So,where can I check these logs in PI 7.1 ?

- Netrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Better you set the Trace_Level as explained in this blog.. and then try again to see the log in MONI itself (after executing the scenario once again)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

But also remember to change it back otherwise it will start filling the data base quickly..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I think when you change the configuration setting, ie trace level =3 then it will show the specific error info but would not help in this regard. Please correct me.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Trace level is already set to '3' but still I cannot see the entire error message. When we execute Test in message mapping in ESR, we see the entire error message in popup window. The same way I want to see the entire error message in monitoring tool somehow. Isn't there any standard way for this?

Thanks,

Netrey

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Paste the source payload in the test tab of message mapping check the queue and the field mapping of E1FISEG[2]

the segment has occurence 1-unbounded I guess or is coming twice , in the second instance there is some context mismatch

or some value mismatch in the queue which is resulting into error check the mapping of this field Z1FISE

regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

Thanks for the reply. The way you have suggested is absolutely right. However, due to some reason, I am not able to test the message mapping using the Test tab. Hence, I am looking for an alternative to find the error message. In fact, what you have suggested can be called 'an alternative'. Monitoring tool should be the first place where we should be able to see the entire information. And as Stefan said, if we cannot see the entire error message then it's as good as 'no error information' because truncated error message is of no use completely.

Thanks anyways for your answer. Awarded points to you for your help.

- Netrey

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Netrey I also agree with stefan, you shud be able to view this message and may be an OSS note be opened for this

But for the time being, what options are you having , I mean can you share whay are you not able to test it in test tab

May be ppl here will help you on that

regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Ninad.

The issue is that, there is a parameter in the message mapping of type 'RFC' and category 'Adapter'. When I go to the Test tab and try to select the communication channel for this parameter using F4 help, message mapping hangs. Hence I am not able to test this mapping in ESR as you suggested. Please let me know if you or anyone has experienced this problem and know the solution.

- Netrey

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is illogical , but try copying this mapping with a differnt name and delete the previous one .

what is the size of your source message ? is it heavy ?

you can also increase the heap size of the sever by BASIS help .

Try inserting parameter into your mapping and for some period the SWCV which holds the mapping Make it ( "objects not modifiable " )

Let me know if this can do the trick , last option would be restart J2EE engine

regards

Ninad

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When I go to the Test tab and try to select the communication channel for this parameter using F4 help, message mapping hangs.

> Please let me know if you or anyone has experienced this problem and know the solution.

This works for me perfect. Maybe you need to apply a patch?

As work around, you could copy your mapping and delete the RFC call and the parameter.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Netrey,

Is this happended previously or for the first time?

Is it happening for this particular interface or all?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

I will try copying the message mapping and then check if it works.

Size of the source message is not great. In fact it is very small.

I will check the heap size with Basis

I did not get the fourth point - "Try inserting parameter into your mapping"

Hi Hareenkumar,

This is something I have been experiencing for quite a long now.

This is happening only in the mappings in which there is a parameter of type 'RFC' and categoty 'Adapter'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

Copying of message mapping did not work.

- Netrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found one way to see the entire error message. Through AL11 transaction, you can navigate to the folder path "/usr/sap/<sysid>/DVEBMGS<xx>/j2ee/cluster/server<x>/log". Here you can find the files defaultTrace_xx.x.trc where the entire error message is found.

But this is not what I need because I cannot find the error message in this file using message id.

I also tried to see LogViewer in NetWeaver Admin (NWA) but could not make any sense out of the displayed error log.

Anyone has any other idea?

- Netrey

peter_strauss
Participant
0 Kudos

Download the trace from AL11 that corresponds to the timestamp of the error.

The error must be in that trace file.

Do a search in the file for "unable to create a socket" or some other part of the error message.

The error probably won't happen too many times in the trace so it's probably assume that it's from your message.

My point is that I don't think it's necessary to find the message ID in the trace file as long as you have a fairly unusual error message text.

You might find that the reason is a "timeout" (look in the trace for what caused the "unable to create a socket").

In that case you need to check your timeout value or the URL you are trying to connect to is not reachable (i.e. URL is incorrect or network settings are incorrect).

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_GLPost_To_ZFIDCCP02_; com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.MessageMappingException: Runtime exception when processing target-fieldmapping /ZFIDCCP02/IDOC/E1FIKPF/E1FISEG[2]/Z1FISE~

>

> How can I view the entire error message text?

Maybe someone opens an OSS ticket for this, as this is really annoying that the error message is truncated and therefore absolutely useless.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan, I totally agree with you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can view the full text within the same sxi_monitor.

Response -> SOAP Header -> Trace.