setSelectedItemByDatalinkValue not working

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on MII 12.1.7 build 47.

I am fetching a value from session property using

var Value1 = document.AppletName.getPropertyValue("SessionVar");

I have put an alert on the Value1 and it does return with the exact desired value.

Then I am trying to set the value of drop down using above obtained Data Link Value using code,

document.BrowserApplet.getBrowserObject().setSelectedItemByDatalinkValue(Value1);

But it is not setting the value in the drop down, no errors on screen and no errors even in the NW logs.

I also verified that the drop down does have the matching above Data link value.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Adarsh

Edited by: Adarsh Sidnoor on Nov 30, 2010 8:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

I tried this in 2 different 12.1.7 builds, where I had a browser applet called "CustomerBrowser" on the page:

var value = document.CustomerBrowser.getPropertyValue("CompanyID");

document.CustomerBrowser.getBrowserObject().setSelectedItemByDatalinkValue(value);

It is working as it should. I tried using calling the same function on a FirstUpdateEvent and with a button on the page just to make sure.

1. Did you test it with a hardcoded value?

2. Is this the extent of the code you are using, that is, are you using the updateBrowser() method? If so, this will not work.

2. What version of java is on your client machine?

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Diana.

It is working fine now i replaced the FirstUpdateEvent with UpdateEvent (not sure what was the issue though I just gave a shot and it worked).

Is this the extent of the code you are using, that is, are you using the updateBrowser() method? If so, this will not work.

No, I am not updating the browser after setting the value.

What version of java is on your client machine?

I am running on JRE 1.5.0_22 and rest of the client machines are on 1.5.0_14 and some business users are on 1.6

Another strange behavior I often noticed with the "set" methods of iBrowser applet that sometimes they trigger the "SelectionEvent" and sometimes not (I may be doing something wrong) upon setting a value and yes, even though I have enabled SelectionEvent.

Any suggestions

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Although you probably already understand this I thought I would clarfiy the difference between the FirstUpdateEvent and the UpdateEvent.

The UpdateEvent triggers a javascript function whenever the applet's contents are updated following a query to the data source. The FirstUpdateEvent is similar to the UpdateEvent except that it is only called once each time the applet is initialized on the web page.

I'm using Java 1.6.0_20 and having no trouble with the issue you described. If you notice any difference between the java versions, please enter a ticket in the SAP Support system. Also, when you encounter a set method that triggers the SelectionEvent enter a ticket for that as well, it would be much appreciated. Without seeing the actual code, it's difficult to determine if you are doing anything incorrectly.

Smooth Sailing fellow MII user!

- Diana

Answers (0)