cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other way to configure a JCO connection for a webdynpro application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know if there is a way to implement the JCO connection directly in the Web Dynpro instead of configuring it in the WAS content administrator. How can I avoid to hard code the JCO connection in webdynpro?

Do you have any piece of code for that?

Thank you

Manu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

I'm not able to find a whay to get IWDDynamicRFCModel from wdcontext.get......modelObject().

Can you supply an example?

Emmanuele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Thanks for answering.

I understand that I can create a JCO connection myself. But all the tables and inputfields that are in my application use the connection that is set in the WAS content administrator. In which place in the code of my application should I specify to webdynpro that I will my customised JCO.Client instead of the one configured in the content admin.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read about <b>IWDDynamicRFCModel</b> interface

You can access it throw modelObject() method of model element.

Then you can assign you own JCO connection to the model you have by using setSystemName() or setJcoClient() method of JCO.

If you just want to change the connection name you can change the value of <b>defaultLogicalSystemName</b>

Hope it helps.

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to use the adaptive RFC model within a Web Dynpro application you should use the WDJCODestinationService.

Using the Web Dynpro Content Administrator makes it very easy to configure the needed connection parameters.

The adaptive RFC model handles all the JCO stuff automatically (for example it makes sure that all JCO connections are released after destroying the Web Dynpro application).

If you do not want to use all these benefits you could create your own JCO.Client instance. You have to set this instance to your adaptive RFC model. But please keep in mind, that you are responsible for the whole connection handling.

If you create your own JCO.Client instance you can define the needed connection properties using a Java properties file for example.

Best regards

Jochen