cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebClient configuration and Macbook Mac OSx/SAPGUI Java rev4 problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

{I have posted the same question here in the CRM Webclient forum, but maybe this is a better place.}

Does any of you have an idea how to configure the Java SAPGUI 7.20 rev 4 on a Macbook with MAC OSx to work with the crm webclient configuration?

I can work normally in the BSP_WD_CMPWB, until I get to the Configuration tab-page. If I open this tab, I get a blank screen in the place where I should see the configuration page after the text "Loading...." has disappeared.

Proxy settings and so on have been set, and with my collegues working on "normal" laptops it works fine. Also in response to a tip in the CRM forum i added a line to my hosts file with the ip and hostname of the installation.

Configuring the WebClient directly in the Webclient interface does work.

Anyone an idea?

Regards,

Martijn.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Martijn,

my assumption is that the blank page is some html content which can not be displayed in the html component part of SAP GUI for Java.

In case you want us to look into that, I kindly ask you to create a [support message|http://service.sap.com/message] on component BC-FES-JAV and provide a step by step description how to get there (you can assume that I have never seen the CRM web client configuration page before).

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oke, thnx for your response.

I have posted a message with SAP. I will close this thread when I have the sollution.

Regards,

Martijn,

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

where did you put it, I can not see it on component BC-FES-JAV.

If you can give me the support message ID, I will be able to find it.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf-Martin,

Sorry, wrong component. I put it under the CRM-FRW-CON component with id 00000987325.

Regards,

Martijn.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For those, you are interested in the outcome of this issue, our reply of the support message has been as follows:

The result of our investigation is that the html component currently part of SAP GUI for Java does not provide the required functionality to render that html content.

Unfortunately we can not provide a solution to this short term and for now, you should use SAP GUI for Windows for this task.

Long term, it is planned to use a more compelling html component in the next major release of SAP GUI for Java which is likely able to display this html content correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf-Martin,

I really appreciate the fast response of you and SAP in having a look at this problem. Of course it is unfortunate that there is no sollution.

Any idea on what "Long term" means regarding the next big release?

Regards,

Martijn.