cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto import process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1. I want to import files automatically using MDIS. can you pls provide me some steps using ports.Also pls let me know the setting requred in MDIS.

2. How can i do a manual import using ports, when logged on to import manager, selected 'type as port', and when tried selecting 'port ' able to see the dropdown with list of all ports for that remote system, but in disable mode........ why is my ports in disabled

pls guide me

thanks,

ve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q-1

To automate the import process follow below settings

In Import manager, You need to create map in import manager and save.

In console, assign map to respectie port.

Processing type fo that port should be "Automatic'.

Import server should be loaded and running..

MDIS imports files from the Ready folder of a repositoryu2019s inbound port.

Q - 2

When you select source Type as "Port" An inbound port identifies a file system location that contains source data files waiting for import into MDM. Check reference guide page 417 for moe information

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have created a repository, Now to automate the import process,

I created the remote systems, ports, assigned the maps as told by u.........but in the path

C:\usr\sap\SMS\MDS 00\mdm\distributors\SAPMDM1_ORCL

I am not able to see my repository name created automatically.......... did I miss something.

why I am not able to see my repository in the path? and that is where my inbound/outbound folder lies.

Do i need to activate something?

....... pls reply.

regards,

ve

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check Path mentioned for "Distribution Root Dir"parameter in MDS.ini file. You will get mds.ini file located in

the usr\sap\<SAPSID>\<instance_name>\config directory. Go to mentioned path and check for repository and ports.

Please confirm.

Cheers,

Rc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all