cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Easy DMS) Prevent the user from creating a folder on "Public Folder"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need the following functionality on Easy DMS 7.0.5.0:

The user must be allowed to create a folder on his "Private Folder", but don't have to be allowed to create a folder on "Public Folder". I don't know how to do it. Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

Could you elaborate on your rationale behind disabling users from creating folders in 'Public folder' in easyDMS? Do you also want the user to not view the contents in 'Public folder'?

As you are aware,the structure offered in easyDMS is Public folder,Private folder and Search result.Public folder,as the name implies,is a location to enable users to share common content.Inase you wish to ensure that the user must not be able to view/process the 'Public folder',then at the time of installation of easyDMS in the user system,during the first login the system prompts the user with this message: u201CNo public root folder found. Do you want to create one?"

Select 'No'.

Else,you may look up at ACL/Authorizations if you wish to restrict access to the folders within 'Public folders'.

Hope this helps, if not then please elaborate your requirements.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you also want the user to not view the contents in 'Public folder'?

I want to give them authorization to display all documents in 'Public folder' and create any kind of documents in 'Public folder' except folders.

I mean the only thing that the user should not do is creating folders in 'Public folder'

Regarding 'Private folder' he must have all access to it including creating folders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case,please see if authorization 'CreateDoc' is of any help. This authorization allows you to control the creation of folders/documents with originals and subfolders. The authorization is linked to the superior folder below which you want to create subfolders and documents.For details,refer the below link:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/48/2164e4932e33efe10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar