cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HL 7 adapter in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For HL7 messages is there any particular adapter in PI?? do we have to use any third party adapter?

Kindly let me know

Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I think there are no standard or third party adapters that can handle HL 7 formats. Instead HL 7 formats can be handled byt Conversion Agent.

Ref: http://www.riyaz.net/blog/xipi-sap-conversion-agent-installation-and-deployment-in-pi/technology/sap...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/Service+Configuration#ServiceConfiguration-Configura...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareen,

Thank u for the update... would have any details on the Iway adapter??

how can I configure that in PI??

Regards,

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I am not aware of Iway adapters, but check the below link, you would be able to find the info regarding it.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/9044e6b5-2f98-2b10-b2bf-ebc7f7cc4a8a [original link is broken]

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help on this guys??..pls share ur thoughts ....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh

Please go through the blog http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a00aabd6-a7f8-2d10-1c9e-bdaf085ab075 or just search on SDN for "IAH". You will find answers to most of your questions.

Regards

Vijendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijendra,

A very informative blog ... I was trying to use other middlewares to as a bridge between HL 7 system and PI.. but I can use it directly...

You have mentioned about the How to guide available for this adapter in ur blog ...

I am unable to find it on sdn... Can u kindly send a cross a link for the same?

Is available on market place?

Regards,

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ibrahim

IAH is a consulting solution and is not part of standard PI adapters. The How to guide is currently available for our customers who have purchased this solution and is not made publicly available on SDN. The blog on SDN is to spread the awareness about the solution we have.

But I can tell you that the how to guide is all about configuring a separate trace destination, specific for our adapter. I am sure that you will find similar information on creating separate log destination on SDN. If not, then please ask this question on forum.

I wish you good luck

Vijendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijendra,

Thanks a ton for your inputs :-)..

I just have one query.. Is the PI IAH adapter available? like the standrad File or IDOC etc..

In case its not , How can I go about on purchasing it?

Kindly enlighten us

We have a requirement to integrate a few HL 7 systems into PI and then send the data to ISH system..

Regards,

Tauseef

Edited by: Ibrahim on Jan 5, 2011 4:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijendra,

Can you please provide an update

Regards,

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim

I am trying to arrange a e-mail ID for use on SDN. For the time being SAP NL consulting must be contacted with a query for "IAH Adapter" or "HL7 Adapter". I noticed your e-mail on SDN business card so you will be contacted soon.

Regards

Vijendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijendra

I have made the email ID visible on the business card.. appreciate your help

Regards,

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijendra,

I would be very grateful if you provide me some information about how to get "IAH Adapter" or "HL7 Adapter" for SAP PI 7.4 to send and receive messages in HL7 format.

Is very urgent.

Thanks in advanced.

Manuel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Conversion Agent will be a better option here ... go for it, easy to implement and maintain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually there is no conversion agent either... we have to opt for either Iway adapter or the Conversion agent.

If we were to go by Iway adapter can you please le tme know on the documents for installation to configuration in PI?

I dont see any information on sdn yet

How diiferent is it goin to be to design the interface..? what adapters/protocols etc?

pls share your thoughts