cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Scrapping in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to scrap only a partial HU. Is that possible and how?

Letu2019s say I Have a HU with 1000 pieces of XY. I want to scrap only 100 pieces.

I tried to create a manual TO with Transaction LT01. But there is no possibility to ENTER the target quantity of a storage unit.

So when I choose my HU (FROM) the whole amount is transferred to 999 LOST&FOUND (Destination), even though I entered 100 pieces in the field Requested qty.

Your response is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance.

P.S.:

I am on SAP ECC 6.0, Full WM, HU enabled

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

Problem solved.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am confused as to this issue

Scrapping is a process that is initiated in IM using Transaction MB1A and movement type 551 (for unrestricted 553 for Q and 555 for S)

This will in turn create a Transfer Requirement (can be found in LB10) which is then used to create a Transfer order and at this stage you specify where you want to take the stock from.

Moving the stock to 999 is not scrapping and has no affect on IM and so the stock is still there

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, but I am already aware of that fact...

Our logistic manager requirement is that he moves the partial quantity of a HU to bin SCRAP (type 999).

Then he runs LI21 to clear the differences. So technically it is scrapping, but the process is turned around.

I can move the whole quantity of a HU with LT01 to bin SCRAP. This is not the problem.

The problem is that i don't know how to move the partial quantity of a HU with LT01.

Maybe this explanation will help you:

Forget the scrapping. Just concentrate on the fact that i want to split the HU. I want to get some partial quantity out of the HU and move it to another BIN. It could be any other BIN.

Please help.

Thank you very much in advance

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not clear why you call this process scrapping. Using LT01 you can move goods (quant, SU) from one bin to another.

On selection screen of Lt01 you can enter the "Quantity requested". After that you should choose "Stock removal foreground (F5)" and you should be able to define the source and destination data.

You have to enter a HU number in destination SU field.

For me it is working in ECC6, WM with HU managed SLoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for fast response. I have tried what you suggested and I am getting this error:

HU could not be created

Diagnosis

For the inbound delivery putaway you have relevant delivery items and handling units. Therefore the system cannot automatically decide how the TO is to be processed further.

Procedure

Decide how the transfer order is to be created.

My steps were:

LT01

Warehouse Number :101

Requirement Number:D SCRAP

Movement Type 999

Material 296

Quantity requested 100 PCS

Plant/storage locatn 1001

Stock removal foreground (F5)-single item

Requested qty 100

An then I entered the SOURCE and DESTINATION fields (for the destination SU i simply changed the last few numbers)u2026

When i enter as destination SU number the SOURCE SU number, the whole quantity is transfered. But this is not what i want. I just want the partial quantity to be transfered.

Any ideas?

Thnx in advance