cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Process control Set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have done Quality planning for a material and the inspection type for GR against Production. So when I am doing GR for the process order, the lot is generated for the assigned MICs mentioned in quality planning.

Now I have two operation. I need to do one inprocess checking against one MIC (other than final as mentioned above). I have added 03 as inspection type in the material master. So After Release of process order lot is created, but with no MIC.

I need to know the setting so that one in-process lot will be created after operation10 with one MIC.

Please help.

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear 03 inspection type is inprocess which is used to inspect your product during production,, it is very usefull in process industry ,In process industry you always require to check certain paramter between process where stock posting is not relavent.You are doing inprocess to just ensure quality of product during process.For that you need to insert MIC in routing or recipe.

For In Process inspection (03 Insp Type) you should always use Mater recepie / Routing, assign '1 Usage' and assign characteristics here at routing it will work.

Cheers

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Yes you are right.

I need to add one in-process parameter in the operation 0010 (total 0010, 0020, 0030) which is not stock relevalant so that after operation 0010 one inspection will be created automatically for certain MIC (like pH) for process industry.

Hope this is to be done by recipe. Can you pls give me step by step....

Thanks in advance

Krishna

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear these are steps for inprocess inspection.

1. Assign Inspection type 3 in QM view of material master

2. Assign MIC's Master Receipe (C202/C201) for operation 10.Note Inspection plan not required

3. RR can be carried out in QA32 or QE51N.

4. Stock posting not possible.

5. Inspection lot will be created once process order is created / Released.

6. No GR concept in In-process for lot creation

7. Assign control key PP01/PI01/QM04 in operation 10 view of Task list & activate Insp charc Req in control key of PP01/PI01 if used.

Check for more information about inprocess inspection in below thread.

Cheers

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Thanks for the steps. Really nice steps.

I have done these and it is OK now. Only one confusion arises. I have assigned the MIC for in-process for the operation 0020 out of 4 operation. But still during RR in QA32, system asks/pop up for selecting the operation...0010, 0020, 0030, 0040. I need to fix it for operation 0020. Shall I have done mistake during assignment of MIC in receipe? Please help me the exact way...I am new in QM.

Also I am finding that before RR, GR for the process order can be done. My requirement is GR will only be possible after the RR of in-process. How it is possible. Is it related to milestone operation like this...Please give me details.

Thanks

Krishna

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have done these and it is OK now. Only one confusion arises. I have assigned the MIC for in-process for the operation 0020 out of 4 operation. But still during RR in QA32, system asks/pop up for selecting the operation...0010, 0020, 0030, 0040. I need to fix it for operation 0020. Shall I have  done mistake during assignment of MIC in receipe? Please help me the exact way...I am new in QM.

In QA32 > result > you will get a pop of all the operation with yellow traingle mentioning QM is active in that operation. double click on the particular 20 operation whereMICs are maintained.

Also I am finding that before RR, GR for the process order can be done.  My requirement is GR will only be possible after the RR of in-process. How it is possible. Is it related to milestone operation like this...Please give me details.

This can be achived with controlkey which you maintained in operation make Insp.char.required.

Check and Revert

Cheers

KK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two options -

1. Add MIC in routing as suggested by KK. you can use control key to make sure results are confirmed before going to next operation.

2. You can also use 04 inspection lot origin (with early inspection option) in addition to 03 Inspection. So one process order will have two inspection lots one 03 type and another 04 type. Please use caution using 04 lot (with early inspection) per SAP suggestion.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/60/64cae6d9b311d1953a00a0c930e04c/content.htm

Regrards

AKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKM,

How to do by process 2 as you have said.

can you pls tell me step by step?

I need to add one inprocess inspection like checking pH after operation 0010 (total operation 0010, 0020, 0030) which willl be created after confirmation of operation 0010 or release of process order.

Thanks in advance

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

To set up 04 (early inspection)

1. Assign Inspection type 04 in QM view of material master. Make sure use select drop down "early inspection"

2. Create appropriate inspection plan

3. When Process order is released you will see inspection lot for insp type 04.

(if 03 inspection is also active, you will see 03 inspection lot also)

4. Initially 04 inspection lot will not have third tab to post quantities.

5. When GR is posted for the Process order,

SAP will automatically add third tab in the inspection lot

Now you can post the quantities from inspection lot.

Multiple GR before UD will only add quantities to the inspection lot

6. For GR after the UD, If UD is accept, stock will automatically post to un-restricted.

If you want to enter Reject UD, Wait till all GR for the process order are complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is like this:-

I have three operations

0010, 0020, 0030

in 0020 there is an in-process inspection for which we have set the inspection type 03

we have maintained MIC in the respective operation 0020 during creation of master recipe

so after process order release

inprocess lot is generated

our requirement is

the process order can not be confirmed (or operation 0030)

if the in-process lot is opened or rejected

We have used control key QM03 for inprocess inspection

for 0030 and 0010 we have used PI01 as control key

Is there any settings also for automatically creation of inprocess lot if the first in-process lot is rejected?

What are the setting required

Please response anyone.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is there any settings also for automatically creation of inprocess lot if the first in-process lot is rejected?

Dear what do you mean by above query?

As far as i undersatd you have 3 operations in which 2nd operation is inprocess operation so you have assigned MICs in 2nd operation in Master Receipe so once the order is released inspection lot gets generated note for inprocess inpsection there is no stock posting required only RR is possible and lot status becomes INSP here you can confirm the yield with goods receipt for inspection point Morrover Inspection lot has direct relation with Production order. So, only after Prodiction order completion or order staus with CNF TECO, Inspction lot has to be taken for UD. This is a general practice.

Cheers

KK