cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rfc connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SDNers,

Error while connecting to an Rfc connection to the SAP system . configured the RFC connections in R/3 correctly wid appropriate program ID . gateway and host.Its an SAP system which is not in our landscape. what has to be done . getting the error of rfc connection test .

Logon - cancled

Error Details - connection closed no data

why does this error occur . wil there be any firewalls that has to be opened . on the other end SAP system

Thnx n Rgrds

Ganga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you get see in establising the connection on any side of the system you get the kind of error. So, make sure that you get the details from basis guy and test it. Also ensure that you have enough roles for the user.

Regards

Pothana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yadav,

This does not comprise of any logon security. this is a type t connection .and what has to be cjecked with the basis team. my question is will there be any firewalls security or the SAP gateways that are stopping at the other end. or anything that they have to check with their basis team about their gateways or the securities

rgrds

Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ask your network IT guys to see if there is any firewall between the 2 landscapes...If there is any firewall, then ask your n/w guys to open the ports for connection for this RFC on the other SAP system landscape by their n/w team....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga,

what do you get if you are trying to run a connection test in SM59 on the affected RFC destination?

To check if the connection to the server works is simple. Just try to run a niping test from the gateway host:

niping -v -H <hostname>

where the hostname is the server where the external application should run.

If you have a problem to call an external (non ABAP) application through a TCP/IP connection you may find more information in the dev_rd trace.

1. Increase the tracelevel in tx. SMGW (Goto + Trace + Gateway +Increase tracelevel)

2. Try a connection test in SM59

3. Reduce the tracelevel in SMGW

4. Open the dev_rd in SMGW and search for the Program ID

Check also if the the external application is allowed by secinfo. SMGW (Goto - Expert functions - External Security - Display(Sec.info)

Edited by: Endre Udvaros on Nov 30, 2010 3:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Yes i understand that the program Id has to be registered , does it have to be registered at the other end of the SAP System which is not in our landscape that we are trying to connect to. well i have checked in SMGW in my R/3 .havent found the gateway they have given in this list. this is just an SAP R/3 to SAP R/3 RFC connection.

Rgrds

Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga,

Was the registration to the gateway successful? Do you see the Program ID in the list of registered programs on the respective gateway host? tx. SMGW (Goto + Logged on clients)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Endre,

Thanx for the reply, ya i have checked in the smgw and i didnt find the program ID in the list. so do we have to reister that with help of the basis team.. so this implies even if we are trying to connect to an external biztalk server also .....so the gateway host will be given by the biztalk server user and where do we have to take the gateway service field from.

rgrds

Ganga

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with the BASIS team .if the ProgramID is registered , if not , pls get it registered.

Regards,

Jyoti