cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poblem in installing Oracle patch OPatch_10205_Generic_v0.zip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My OS is windows 2003, SAP ECC 6.0 and database is ORACLE 10g.

I have downnloaded the recent patch from the link..>https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/oracle-download>Oracle 10.2.0.5>OPatch>from there I selected>OPatch_10205_Generic_v0.zip and mopatch-2_1_5.zip.

I unzip OPatch_10205_Generic_v0.zip and placed that in the Opatch folder D:/oracle/<sid>/102_64/Opatch(after taking the full backup of the system as well as the old opatch)

Then I shutdown my SAP application, Database, Listener.

Then I tried to RUN 'OUI.exe'>it started>under window Specify Home details--> automatically if take name and Path

Now when I am clicking next--->"Product- Specific Prerequisite Checks" window is not coming.

It is directly taking me to "Available Product Component Screen" . Since I can't see "SUMMARY Window Screen".

I cannot installed th recent OPatch_10205_Generic_v0.zip which is kept in OPatch folder.

Please suggest what mistake I am commiting.This would be a great help to me.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

patches are not installed using OUI but using OPatch.

Note 1431752 - Oracle 10.2.0: Patches/Patch Collections for 10.2.0.5

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Thanks for taking out your time to guide me.

patches are not installed using OUI but using OPatch.

But I am confused. As I had already applied patch "OPatch_10204_Generic_v5" once using

OUI.exe(Oracle Universal Installer).

As per me OUI.exe is used to launch the setup.

Please clear my doubt. That would be a great help.

Dear Sunil,

I had seen "readme file". But can you suggest or guide me what wrong steps I am following.I had mentioned the

steps in my first post.

Your valuable suggetioned will be highly obliged.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a documentation for both tools. If you open the universal installer concept guide html document from your server. and click below for more details. (\oracle\<SID>\<ver>\oui\guide\toc.htm)

Oracle Universal Installer

OPatch

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you read the readme.txt file in the zip file which will help you how to install the patches.